Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for some historical context.

But weren't Ray Liotto, James Earl Jones, and the state of Iowa involved in all that somehow?
    I think you are confused. It was John Cusak, DB Sweeney, David Strathairn, and Charlie Sheen that were involved.

--Jason "FOD is better than EMO, but EMO is actually about the scandal" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Just Saw This

Dont get me for rumor mongoring just reporting what I read. But why would football try and cover more up? Aint they already in trouble?

Lee_Folwer Coach L Folwer
    somebody stole confidential records from the unc honor court? i wonder if roy williams had any trouble finding a ski mask in august?
    19 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think you are confused. It was John Cusak, DB Sweeney, David Strathairn, and Charlie Sheen that were involved.

--Jason "FOD is better than EMO, but EMO is actually about the scandal" Evans
    In an odd twist of fate, the "featured article" on Wikipedia this morning is:

{drum roll}

Kennesaw Mountain Landis. I kid you not.

Lee Fowler

Quote Originally Posted by dukeballboy88 View Post
    Dont get me for rumor mongoring just reporting what I read. But why would football try and cover more up? Aint they already in trouble?

Lee_Folwer Coach L Folwer
    somebody stole confidential records from the unc honor court? i wonder if roy williams had any trouble finding a ski mask in august?
    19 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Just to be clear -- the Lee Folwer (note it's "Folwer, not "Fowler") twitter account you are citing is not the former NC State AD ... it's a rabid state fan using the account to tweak the Tar Heels.

Ok thanks. Thats why I hate twitter. But at the sametime why would someone want to cover up the football scandal?

OK, I have a question on the front page blurb on UNC reactions. They quoted a somewhat illiterate letter from a Rams Club member named "James Hendricks," and they question the letter writer's integrity with a Wikipedia blurb on "Rick Hendrick."

Clearly these are not the same people, right? Is this another "TJ Hairston" joke that I'm not getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    OK, I have a question on the front page blurb on UNC reactions. They quoted a somewhat illiterate letter from a Rams Club member named "James Hendricks," and they question the letter writer's integrity with a Wikipedia blurb on "Rick Hendrick."
    Clearly these are not the same people, right? Is this another "TJ Hairston" joke that I'm not getting?
    Can't say much about the possible error, but I am having trouble deciding which response is my favorite. There is one by a guy named Bill Turner that slips into the realm of accidental pataphor, with the line, "Scars that will not fade unless plastic surgery is performed." But then there is another golden one that complains about how Thorpe has appealed to "radicals on the academic side." Academics? At a university? My goodness! After that there is the one that boldly accuses Thorpe of preferring "foo foo drinks." Oh, how do I choose?

Damn lawyers. Not only don't you fail to get the joke, you have to spoil the joke!