Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    That's got to be a joke.
    That has got to be one of the worst ideas EVER!

I would note that the silly baseball story comes from a book titled, Tales From Development Hell. I may need to buy that book. Sounds hysterical!

-Jason "here is the book... I need to tell my wife to get me this for the Holidays" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    For those that don't want to see a remake, a sequel, or a prequel of Blade Runner...tough patooties. For those that do (like me), wooohooo!

After revisiting his classic Alien with the upcoming 3D Fox film Prometheus, Ridley Scott is committing to direct and produce a film that advances his other seminal and groundbreaking science fiction film. Scott has signed on to direct and produce a new installment of Blade Runner. He’ll make the film with Alcon Entertainment, producing with Alcon partners Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove.
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/ridl...unner/?_r=true
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Prequel?

Out of curiosity, how does X men: First Class rank as a reboot or prequel? I thought that it belonged in the 10% of good prequels if that is actually what it is.

ToD makes me cringe every time I watch it. Kate Capshaw's ear splitting screams are hard to endure and I found Short Round to be a little too much of an Asian stereotype. Although I do laugh every time when he says, "You call him Dr. Jones doll".

worst ... remake ... ever

Just learned that Warner Brothers is working on a remake of Wizard of Oz. It will be directed by Robert Zemekis:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-..._b_785999.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Just learned that Warner Brothers is working on a remake of Wizard of Oz. It will be directed by Robert Zemekis:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-..._b_785999.html
    Well, Disney has Spider-man director Sam Rami doing an Oz prequel that seems like it might be pretty good. James Franco and Zach Braff are set to star as the man who would become Oz and his assistant. It is a prequel to the famous movie. It will also star Mila Kunis, Michell Williams, and Rachel Weisz as three witches. At one point, Robert Downey Jr was supposedly attached to the title role. Anyway, I suspect this could be a good movie. Rami is a very solid director.

I have not heard much about the Zemeckis remake but I think it has fizzled.

It is worth noting that it is not like the Oz stories have been sacred over the years. Sure, when we mention Oz everyone thinks of the classic with Judy Garland. But, this is a story that has been tapped for films many times. It may not have been as good as it was on Broadway but The Wiz with Diana Ross and Michael Jackson isn't completely horrible. There have been many more, including several cartoons and a Muppet version of the story. There is talk that Drew Barrymore is going to direct an Oz sequel, but I have never seen that confirmed and it is not currently in production. In Hollywood, until shooting actually starts, it is safe to assume that a film ain't happening

-Jason "I do agree though-- if there is going to be an Oz remake, I'd really rather not have Zemeckis do it" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, Disney has Spider-man director Sam Rami doing an Oz prequel that seems like it might be pretty good. James Franco and Zach Braff are set to star as the man who would become Oz and his assistant. It is a prequel to the famous movie. It will also star Mila Kunis, Michell Williams, and Rachel Weisz as three witches. At one point, Robert Downey Jr was supposedly attached to the title role. Anyway, I suspect this could be a good movie. Rami is a very solid director.

I have not heard much about the Zemeckis remake but I think it has fizzled.

It is worth noting that it is not like the Oz stories have been sacred over the years. Sure, when we mention Oz everyone thinks of the classic with Judy Garland. But, this is a story that has been tapped for films many times. It may not have been as good as it was on Broadway but The Wiz with Diana Ross and Michael Jackson isn't completely horrible. There have been many more, including several cartoons and a Muppet version of the story. There is talk that Drew Barrymore is going to direct an Oz sequel, but I have never seen that confirmed and it is not currently in production. In Hollywood, until shooting actually starts, it is safe to assume that a film ain't happening

-Jason "I do agree though-- if there is going to be an Oz remake, I'd really rather not have Zemeckis do it" Evans
    Not to mention "Wicked" and the "Tin Man" miniseries, although they were more alternate takes on the story than a true remake.
    "There can BE only one."