Question Duke Football vs. Troy - My son's first game. Some questions for you guys.

I'm planning to take my 4 year old son (and the grandparents) to the game this Saturday vs. Troy. I see lots of tickets available on goduke. Am I better off buying there, or going to the game and getting tickets? I imagine there will be lots of open seats against Troy, but then again it is homecoming. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Anyone else who has taken a young child have any advice?

Thank you in advance! Go Duke! Let's get a W!

There are some activities specifically to entertain young children. Outside the stadium near Cameron (on K'ville) there's a bouncy house and face painting is available. Inside the stadium there are some activities as well.

The concessions in the stadium include hot dogs which many children will eat. There's also pizza which may appeal to younger children. Be advised that you won't be able to take any food or beverages into the stadium unless you can document a medical need. Here's a rundown of all sorts of game day information:http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...ATCLID=1178945

It's Homecoming Weekend and Duke Employee Day, either event could add quite a few people to fill the stadium. Between 10A and noon there will be a free open practice presented by the men's basketball team... another event that could draw a lot of people on campus to compete for the public parking.

I believe employees get 4 tickets each for the game.

There will be more tickets than you can shake a stick at for $5 each.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    There will be more tickets than you can shake a stick at for $5 each.
    Not like year's past -- the new rule this year is that regardless of how many tickets you CAN order, or DID order, you can only get enough for the people that walk into the employee tailgate tent.

So the droves of doctors and professors that got 4 tix, then the neighbors or parents bagged them - those $5 tickets will not be available, period.

Get there early because of the demand for parking and so the kid can enjoy the bounce house, etc.
    Check the map at the link above to figure out where you can park, especially if the grandparents
    need the handicap parking.

Finding tickets once you get there should not be terribly difficult.

When we say early, keep in mind the free open basketball practice 10A-12N which will draw early arrivals to the public lots.

Thank you everyone for helping. We all had a great time today. From watching the open practice, my sons first time in Cameron, to Duke winning an exciting game in all of our first time in Wallace Wade, it was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFalcon View Post
    Thank you everyone for helping. We all had a great time today. From watching the open practice, my sons first time in Cameron, to Duke winning an exciting game in all of our first time in Wallace Wade, it was a blast.
    Great to hear! Hope y'all got a chance to enjoy the campus as well,