A iPad question...

Hey all,

Okay, got a question...

Bought six episodes of Deadwood from iTunes and downloaded them to the ipad to take on vacation.

However, won't have access to the internet in that time.

For RENTALS apparently you need to connect to the itunes store in order to start the 24 hour rental clock... does anyone know if "buying" an episode of Deadwood is the same as renting it, or is renting a whole different task?

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Hey all,

Okay, got a question...

Bought six episodes of Deadwood from iTunes and downloaded them to the ipad to take on vacation.

For RENTALS apparently you need to connect to the itunes store in order to start the 24 hour rental clock... does anyone know if "buying" an episode of Deadwood is the same as renting it, or is renting a whole different task?

You should be all set. I've bought plenty of episodes of TV shows, transferred them to my iPad, and watched them on international flights where I had no Internet access.

Buying is buying, you have those episodes forever internet connection or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Hey all,

Okay, got a question...

I've rented movies for my kids on the iPod Touch a number of times. You need an internet connection to rent and download from the iTunes Store and I think you need an internet connection to synch it to the iPod, but once it's on the iPod you have 30 days to watch and you don't need an internet connection. The 24 hour rental clock doesn't start until you press "play" on the iPod Touch.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016