Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Lawsuit

Ticket Lawsuit

Let's just hope Nancy Grace doesn't get wind of this.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Geeez! Pretty sad really. I guess "splitting the baby" is just beyond these folks?? Sorry to see Duke getting dragged, unwittingly, into a silly family squabble. Embarrassing.

The sort of thing goes on all the time with Washington Redskins season tickets. Some really messy divorces and contested wills.

Hopefully, this isn't the start of a trend.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Thanks Jim. Absolutely the best laugh I've had today!

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    ... Sorry to see Duke getting dragged, unwittingly, into a silly family squabble....

Duke may not be getting dragged into it unwittingly -- lawsuit alleges Duke at first admitted/made a mistake. Wouldn't be the first mistake Duke has made.

Sister v. Sister: wonder if the seeds of this dispute date to some telephone or bathroom hogging 40 years ago ...

If somebody has been wronged and has no other recourse, I can easily see the lawsuit: not much more of sentimental value than b'ball tix, esp. if the passion has been shared w/ a parent. Hopefully they can come to some fair sharing that all can live with happily.

Sounds to me that the hubby to be saw a chance to have season tickets and ran with it. Eventhough he may have had no right to them.... I just hope they get it straightened out before the season starts so these seats are not up in the air and empty.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    How about the front page of CNN/SI (CNN's Sports section)??

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=hp_t2_a10

This situation sounds like stories I've heard about LSU football tickets.

If it's true that the father was inappropriately influenced to sign over rights to his tickets prior to his death and was allowed access to the tickets as if in some sort of trust for the remainder of his life, then this is sleezy business.... I looked for the son-in-law in the alumni directory. He's no Dukie. Didn't find his wife in the directory either.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    This situation sounds like stories I've heard about LSU football tickets.

If it's true that the father was inappropriately influenced to sign over rights to his tickets prior to his death and was allowed access to the tickets as if in some sort of trust for the remainder of his life, then this is sleezy business.... I looked for the son-in-law in the alumni directory. He's no Dukie. Didn't find his wife in the directory either.
    He's in the directory under Robert Gordon Caudle (AB 1985).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    May be a coincidence, but Lloyd Caudle was an outstanding defensive back in the '50's and an even more outstanding man on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by PaIronDuke View Post
    May be a coincidence, but Lloyd Caudle was an outstanding defensive back in the '50's and an even more outstanding man on campus.
    One article says Lloyd is Robert Gordon's father. Sad business. I did probate work for a long time and am still amazed by how people act over a deceased or incapacitated individual's possessions.

Lloyd was a longtime member of the Board of Trustees in the 1980s, so I suspect the seats are very very good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by walras View Post
    Lloyd was a longtime member of the Board of Trustees in the 1980s, so I suspect the seats are very very good ones.
    They are not Lloyd's seats. They are John Dolton's. You would think Lloyd's son would be able to get tickets through his family's connections and not have to resort getting them from his former father in law.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Ahhh so he is.... my reaction to the ticket "displacement" must have clouded my research.

What appears to have taken place is a most unfortunate way to go about joining a family.

Wow -- begin long sentence -- for all the crap threads that comprise most of this board that contain 100% speculation about recruit X's intentions, the number minutes player Y will get in some hypothetical starting lineup, or the huge off-season gains made by player Z that never rock the ACC as detailed, and, given the propensity for moderators to lock threads for untold, omniscient reasons, here is a bona fide reason to lock a thread: two seemingly solid Duke families are in the public eye so let's not take the Caylee Anthony path.

there's an old story about a woman sitting next to an empty seat at a clemson/carolina game (no, not the tarheel carolina)...

anyway, one of the fans nearby asked why the much coveted seat was empty and the woman said sadly, "it belongs to my late husband"....the fan immediately apologized.

a couple of plays later during a time out, the fan asked "well couldn't another member of the family have taken the seat?", to which, the woman replied, "well, they're all at the funeral".
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    there's an old story about a woman sitting next to an empty seat at a clemson/carolina game (no, not the tarheel carolina)...

anyway, one of the fans nearby asked why the much coveted seat was empty and the woman said sadly, "it belongs to my late husband"....the fan immediately apologized.

a couple of plays later during a time out, the fan asked "well couldn't another member of the family have taken the seat?", to which, the woman replied, "well, they're all at the funeral".
    There's a similar story about a woman sitting next to an empty seat at an LSU game. The conversation takes place between the woman and one of the game officials. (This is an LSU story, y'all.)

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    There's a similar story about a woman sitting next to an empty seat at an LSU game. The conversation takes place between the woman and one of the game officials. (This is an LSU story, y'all.)
    I thought it was an NHL Stanley Cup Final game involving the Montreal Canadiens.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    One article says Lloyd is Robert Gordon's father. Sad business. I did probate work for a long time and am still amazed by how people act over a deceased or incapacitated individual's possessions.
    This is a sad story, that seems to be all over the internet. Making its way to SI, Herald Sun, DBR, etc.

I have experienced firsthand how people act over the deceased possessions. A good friend of mine has gone through a similar situation in his family over Duke Basketball tickets, but not to the extreme of these sisters.