Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Front Page Story About Brand and Tupac

The front page seems to indicate that the inmate confessed to killing Tupac, but my understanding is that he confessed to an earlier shooting, which did NOT kill Tupac.

Please correct me if my statement is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    The front page seems to indicate that the inmate confessed to killing Tupac, but my understanding is that he confessed to an earlier shooting, which did NOT kill Tupac.

Please correct me if my statement is incorrect.
    you are correct. why would anybody confess to a murder that never happened. tupac lives.

Someone has confessed to shooting him two years before he was murdered.

http://www.ktla.com/news/mobile/ktla...0,960583.story

He is and always will be alive. "Thug life baby." "You can't see me!" Tupac is the greatest lyricist that has ever walked this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHoopsGuru View Post
    He is and always will be alive. "Thug life baby." "You can't see me!" Tupac is the greatest lyricist that has ever walked this planet.
    Of course, you say this in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Of course, you say this in jest.
    Of course I do not. Those who don't know the story of Tupac don't know just how talented he was. He went to the famed Baltimore School of the Arts with Jada Pinkett. They were the only 2 African Americans in the class. It was impossible for minorities to get into that school during that time. He truly was a legend. I stand by my original statement without wavering or trepidation.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 07-13-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Okay

[QUOTE=DukeHoopsGuru;510235]Of course I do not. Those who don't know the story of Tupac don't know just how talented he was. He went to the famed Baltimore School of the Arts with Jada Pinkett. They were the only 2 African Americans in the class. It was impossible for minorities to get into that school during that time. He truly was a legend. I stand by my original statement without wavering or trepidation.

You may stand by your statement, but you're not gonna get a whole lot of support when you try to elevate Tupac above Dylan and numerous other great lyricists.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 07-13-2011 at 04:27 PM.

You may stand by your statement, but you're not gonna get a whole lot of support when you try to elevate Tupac above Dylan and numerous other great lyricists.
    Hey I love Dylan.........but he aint Pac.

Haha

Hey I love Dylan.........but he aint Pac.
    Exactly. He ain't Dr. Seuss, either. To each his own, I suppose. To be fair, I DID check out some 2pac lyrics and they are pretty strong. Obviously, it's a genre/cultural thing.
    Last edited by slower; 07-13-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Of course I do not. Those who don't know the story of Tupac don't know just how talented he was. He went to the famed Baltimore School of the Arts with Jada Pinkett. They were the only 2 African Americans in the class. It was impossible for minorities to get into that school during that time. He truly was a legend. I stand by my original statement without wavering or trepidation.

Wasn't Tupac, JJ Redick's favorite singer?
    Last edited by Newton_14; 07-13-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Tupac was not only the greatest lyricist of all time but he was top 3 greatest artist of all time.

Quit While You're Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by dukeballboy88 View Post
    Tupac was not only the greatest lyricist of all time but he was top 3 greatest artist of all time.

Again, a matter of opinion. Still, that's a fairly ludicrous assertion by almost any measure of public or critical opinion. Unless you're referring to rap/hip-hop artists ONLY.
    Last edited by slower; 07-13-2011 at 10:28 AM.

It was impossible for minorities to get into that school during that time.
    I do not think [that word] means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Princess Bride quote...Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    no it does. Tupac was able to convince the administration he was white. I was a student there at the time it was crazy. He was a very persuasive guy.

I honestly think Pac was one of the greatest artist of all time. He was vulgar but he touched on alot of subjects that not only black america but all of america had to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeballboy88 View Post
    I honestly think Pac was one of the greatest artist of all time. He was vulgar but he touched on alot of subjects that not only black america but all of america had to deal with.
    Sure, but Top 3 is a big stretch.

Again, a matter of opinion. Still, that's a fairly ludicrous assertion by almost any measure of public or critical opinion. Unless you're referring to rap/hip-hop artists ONLY.
    It is no less ludicrous than hyping Dylan (or any other popular song writer) as the best lyricist ever, unless you are referring only to public opinion among nostalgic boomers. Based on your off-hand dismissal, I'd hazard a guess that you haven't listened to enough Tupac, or read up on relevant critical opinion, to have an informed opinion on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    It is no less ludicrous than hyping Dylan (or any other popular song writer) as the best lyricist ever, unless you are referring only to public opinion among nostalgic boomers. Based on your off-hand dismissal, I'd hazard a guess that you haven't listened to enough Tupac, or read up on relevant critical opinion, to have an informed opinion on this one.
    Inform us. Support the assertion that he is the greatest lyricist of all time.

Lighten Up, Francis

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Okay, go back and R-E-A-D my posts C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y. The word "ludicrous" was used in response to the poster calling 2pac not only the greatest lyricist ever, but also one of the Top 3 ARTISTS EVER. If you read my original response (which, I believe, was made to a DIFFERENT poster), I said that 2pac's lyrics were strong and one's opinion was probably shaped by genre/cultural differences. But calling 2pac one of the Top 3 greatest artists ever IS ludicrous, IMO.

Let ME hazard a guess. Are YOU a "critic"? Yeah, isn't everybody these days? Gonna go read up on "relevant critical opinion". Comedy gold, I tell ya.