Page 7 of 180 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    As we know, and have discussed many times before on these boards, lots of guys talk about playing together, how great it would be, we're definitely going to do it, etc., but very, very few actually ever end up doing it. From everything I've seen lately, the duo most likely to actually choose a school together and go play as a package are Boo Williams teammates Cat Barber and Troy Williams. I know they're 2013 and this is a 2014 thread, but still. If they do go together, it's looking like it'll be to either Louisville or Alabama, which at least would have the benefit of Williams spurning UNC and Kentucky, to which he had previously narrowed his list.
    All I have read suggests that Barber and Williams are not a package deal. Both have said something to the effect that, if Barber doesn't choose to go to Kansas or [one other place], then they "may" be a package deal. In essence, that means that they think they might end up at the same place, but they are making their own decisions. This is one of the weakest "package deal" quotes I have ever seen.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

When the list is updated, it should include 6'7" Kavon Looney out of Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    When the list is updated, it should include 6'7" Kavon Looney out of Milwaukee.
    Is he crazy good?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Is he crazy good?
    He's got mad handles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    He's got mad handles.
    I hear his crossover is INSANE! ;0)

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post
    I hear his crossover is INSANE! ;0)

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He is going to have Dickie V absolutely going bananas.

Updated ESPN Rankings

Updated ESPN 2014 rankings: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...014/order/true

2. Jones
    3. Okafor
    9. Pinson
    11. Winslow

How about we take that class and call it a day?
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Updated Scout rankings

Top 75 Class of 2014

For now at least, Andrew Wiggins is in the class of 2014, and ranked #1

Others:
    2. Tyus Jones
    4. Jahlil Okafor
    10. Justise Winslow
    13. Theo Pinson
    17. Joel Berry
    18. Justin Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Top 75 Class of 2014

For now at least, Andrew Wiggins is in the class of 2014, and ranked #1

Others:
    2. Tyus Jones
    4. Jahlil Okafor
    10. Justise Winslow
    13. Theo Pinson
    17. Joel Berry
    18. Justin Jackson
    Wiggins is the Lebron James of the class, and something that we see only 1-2 a decade: a player who is leagues and leagues ahead of his peers on the high school level. Jones may be number 2, but he is a far number 2. Wiggins could essentially reclassify for the 2013 class and still be ranked as the consensus number 1 recruit across the majority of the recruiting platforms. He's that good. Some coach is gonna save his job by landing Wiggins (ala Howland).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Wiggins is the Lebron James of the class, and something that we see only 1-2 a decade: a player who is leagues and leagues ahead of his peers on the high school level.
    Wait, I thought Jabari Parker was the LeBron James of his class who we'd only see once or twice a decade? You mean there are two of them in two years? (And if Wiggins reclassifies, two in a single year?) Hmm.

Blog from Jahlil Okafor:

http://www.usatodayhss.com/news/arti...-jahlil--10002

Mentions an upcoming K visit and that every time he talks to him, it's amazing. May also come to Midnight Madness, possibly with Tyus Jones. Sounds like they really want to play together at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Wait, I thought Jabari Parker was the LeBron James of his class who we'd only see once or twice a decade? You mean there are two of them in two years? (And if Wiggins reclassifies, two in a single year?) Hmm.
    Yeah, these once-in-a-decade players only come around every year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Yeah, these once-in-a-decade players only come around every year or two.
    ...and remain in the headlines for a week or two.

Stanley Johnson Interview

http://www.givengobasketball.com/sta...ohnson-article

Stanley Johnson is a big Duke Recruit. If you have any questions about him let me know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GiveNGoBasketball View Post

If you have any questions about him let me know.
    How big of a challenge will it be to lure Johnson away from the West Coast?
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    How big of a challenge will it be to lure Johnson away from the West Coast?
    Not as hard as you think. If Duke pursues this kid enough we could see him on the east coast. Will it be a challenge yes, but if anyone can do it, it's Duke.

Not as hard as you think. If Duke pursues this kid enough we could see him on the east coast. Will it be a challenge yes, but if anyone can do it, it's Duke.
    To Bob's point, the farthest east scout, rivals, or espn has him is uk, one of only two schools east of the Mississippi. None of the three even has Duke listed.

While I love getting top recruits, at this point, he seems less inclined to come east. But there is still a lot of time. And kids aren't always known for their clear headed decisiveness.

Where is your confidence coming from?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    To Bob's point, the farthest east scout, rivals, or espn has him is uk, one of only two schools east of the Mississippi. None of the three even has Duke listed.

While I love getting top recruits, at this point, he seems less inclined to come east. But there is still a lot of time. And kids aren't always known for their clear headed decisiveness.

Where is your confidence coming from?

-jk
    Well that's not entirely true rivals scout and espn haven't updated his profile in a while. He told me he was interested in UNC Duke Cuse and Kentucky so the option of going east is still there with those four east schools

Well that's not entirely true rivals scout and espn haven't updated his profile in a while. He told me he was interested in UNC Duke Cuse and Kentucky so the option of going east is still there with those four east schools
    Which could be why I don't spend much time following recruiting. I'm too old to keep up with teens.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Which could be why I don't spend much time following recruiting. I'm too old to keep up with teens.

-jk
    haha that's why I'm here