Page 52 of 180 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3586
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Victor to Arizona. Doesn't mean we'll get Winslow, but it don't hurt.
    Well, maybe.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Victor to Arizona. Doesn't mean we'll get Winslow, but it don't hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    I still want Looney worse than I do Winslow. Nothing against Winslow as he is a fine player, but with Looney's size, length, and nose for the ball, I just think he can help the team in multiple ways. Very versatile kid. A clase of Okafor, Jones, Looney, Allen would be like the best Christmas ever. If we were to add Winslow to that group it woud just be ridiculous or reddikulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Not lookign good but Arizona has Hollis Jefferson coming in whos basically a Winslow clone at the same position so that might help us..

Quote Originally Posted by AAA1980 View Post
    Not lookign good but Arizona has Hollis Jefferson coming in whos basically a Winslow clone at the same position so that might help us..
    Wait, because of one congratulatory tweet to a friend suddenly we are on the outside looking in?

Just watched the adidas nations championship game and the final 4 minutes are all Looney, Okafor, and Winslow in the front court for the red team. Probably the biggest tease of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I still want Looney worse than I do Winslow. Nothing against Winslow as he is a fine player, but with Looney's size, length, and nose for the ball, I just think he can help the team in multiple ways. Very versatile kid. A clase of Okafor, Jones, Looney, Allen would be like the best Christmas ever. If we were to add Winslow to that group it woud just be ridiculous or reddikulous!
    Looney and Winslow are not mutually exclusive. Duke is pursuing a five-player class under the assumption that Parker and Hood will declare for the 2014 NBA draft.

Per 247 and BlueDevilsLair - Looney will visit Duke in September or thereabouts.

Goodluck has us in his top 5 per his twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Per 247 and BlueDevilsLair - Looney will visit Duke in September or thereabouts.

Goodluck has us in his top 5 per his twitter.
    Yeah, I read this evening that Looney will visit Duke on September 13. Could Kevon be our second commit in the class of 2014?

9. Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, I read this evening that Looney will visit Duke on September 13. Could Kevon be our second commit in the class of 2014?
    What a great last name! Hope we get him.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    September 6th, actually.

Updated Scout rankings. Okafor still #1, Jones at 4. Winslow 9, Looney 14. Al of our targets are looking good. Unfortunately Grayson Allen has dropped a bit (I think; don't remember exactly where he was previously). Berry and Pinson of UNC continue to plummet while Justin Jackson is borderline elite at #8.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...pid=88&yr=2014

Mudiay to SMU is official

He announced at the Elite 24 game. He said Larry Brown being a HOF coach and wanting to play with his brother did it for him. The interviewer actually said, "so you will be the highest rated recruit they will ever get."

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    He announced at the Elite 24 game. He said Larry Brown being a HOF coach and wanting to play with his brother did it for him. The interviewer actually said, "so you will be the highest rated recruit they will ever get."
    Well I imagine Kentucky will now go all in for Mr. Jones' services b/c otherwise they will likely be w/o a PG on next season's team (assuming both Harrison twins are one and done).

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Well I imagine Kentucky will now go all in for Mr. Jones' services b/c otherwise they will likely be w/o a PG on next season's team (assuming both Harrison twins are one and done).
    And I'd love to see that! NIT 2 out of 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    See discussion of this on the Emmanuel Mudiay thread. Kentucky recently offered top-40 or so Tyler Ullis, a 5'8" point guard. Nobody will be surprised if Ullis commits to UK. They'll have a point guard. Not of the quality of Tyus Jones (hopefully) or Emmanuel Mudiay, but they'll manage to get the ball up the floor.

Anotehr pacakge deal!

Taking a cue from Jones and Okafor, Justice Winslow and Stanley Johnson are talking about trying to play at the same school. Duke is in the mix, but it seems like they are leaning elsewhere...

The commons schools between the two 2014 wings are Arizona, Duke, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky and UCLA, though, Johnson said the two are keying in on Zona, UK and Florida with the USC potentially becoming an option at some point.
    -Jason "I thought we were doing well with Winslow, seems like we might be lower on his list than previously thought" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Taking a cue from Jones and Okafor, Justice Winslow and Stanley Johnson are talking about trying to play at the same school. Duke is in the mix, but it seems like they are leaning elsewhere...

-Jason "I thought we were doing well with Winslow, seems like we might be lower on his list than previously thought" Evans
    Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona, such a fine sight to see.

*hat tip to poster maxcrowder from TDD

Huh

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona, such a fine sight to see.

*hat tip to poster maxcrowder from TDD
    Are you trying to say we should take it easy on the 2014 recruiting?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Yep. Lighten up while you still can. Don't even try to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Maybe just that we should lighten up while we still can.

edit: see I was beaten to the punch here--possibly I let the sound of my own wheels drive me crazy.