Page 101 of 180 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3586
    Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Might reflect a coming parting of ways with Tyus, as in, "My heart says to play with Tyus, but my head says that might not work out."
    Maybe Tyus has told Oka that he's going to Duke no matter where he goes and his heart is telling him, go with Tyus. But his head says Kansas. With these young recruits, who knows what they're thinking. I have a hard time trying to figure out what my wife is thinking. GoDuke!

Maybe his brain says PS4 but his heart says xbox one. Let day 3 of parsing a vague tweet from a 17 year old begin!

Is there a schedule for Reid's announcement today?

Even if he is reportedly "leaning" everywhere but Duke, we are still in his final grouping, and he is a GREAT kid. Let's get excited!

Lloyd: "So you're telling me there's a chance?!?!!!"

Adam Zagoria tweeted this a couple hours ago: "Sounds like Minnesota or Stanford for Reid Travis, who announces today. But as one coach says, 'Never count out Duke.'"

Distilled, that means Zagoria is predicting either Minnesota, Stanford, or Duke. I wish I had his brain power.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Even if he is reportedly "leaning" everywhere but Duke, we are still in his final grouping, and he is a GREAT kid. Let's get excited!

I've heard 430pm EST. Not sure how it is being covered media wise. I imagine National Recruiting Expert Twitter Twitterson will have it for us soon thereafter.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Minnesota reporter has tweeted that we're 100% out for Travis. Minnesota or Stanford. Probably staying home.

Adam Zagoria tweeted this a couple hours ago: "Sounds like Minnesota or Stanford for Reid Travis, who announces today. But as one coach says, 'Never count out Duke.'"

Distilled, that means Zagoria is predicting either Minnesota, Stanford, or Duke. I wish I had his brain power.
    Take it for what it's worth but Ryan James, a basketball writer in Minnesota sent this tweet out this morning:

‏@RyanJamesMN "No surprise at this point but Duke is 100 percent out for Reid Travis. They tried a final pitch but word from Durham, not the right pitch."

I'm not sure how Mr. James is connected with the Duke staff but he seems pretty confident Duke is out.

We'll see.

Edit: Chicago 1995 beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Minnesota reporter has tweeted that we're 100% out for Travis. Minnesota or Stanford. Probably staying home.
    If true, LET"S GO CARDINAL!!

So...at some point we're actually going to need to land some frontcourt players. Do we have any other offers out to big men beyond Okafor and Turner? If not, is there anyone out there that might be a good fit for us should we need to expand our net?

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    So...at some point we're actually going to need to land some frontcourt players. Do we have any other offers out to big men beyond Okafor and Turner? If not, is there anyone out there that might be a good fit for us should we need to expand our net?
    well I still have 2 years of college eligibility left. hope Duke basketball never gets to the point of offering 6'6" 250 lbs 50+ year olds who can't jump and get winded running down the court once.

Quote Originally Posted by markbdevil View Post
    well I still have 2 years of college eligibility left. hope Duke basketball never gets to the point of offering 6'6" 250 lbs 50+ year olds who can't jump and get winded running down the court once.
    Hey, I'm 50+, 5'11", 150#, can't jump, dribble, or score. But I could move quickly and ineffectively up and down the court for 40 minutes. And I have 4 years of eligibility left. Maybe we could be a package deal?

You wanna call Nate, or should I?

For 2014-15, we'd still have Amile, Marshall, Semi, and Alex to play in the frontcourt (assuming Jabari and Rodney both leave after this season). My guess is rather than "expand the net," the coaching staff would move on to the 2015-16 prospects.

Hey, I'm 50+, 5'11", 150#, can't jump, dribble, or score. But I could move quickly and ineffectively up and down the court for 40 minutes. And I have 4 years of eligibility left.

You wanna call Nate, or should I?
    You're too short to play in the frontcourt. You'll just have to coach it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by markbdevil View Post
    Is that height with your bball shoes on, and is that height what you were in college, or now? Hmmmmmmmm... (Shrinkage, ya know-------not that there is anything wrong with that.)

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    You're too short to play in the frontcourt. You'll just have to coach it instead.
    Old age and treachery beat out youth and enthusiasm.

Put me in coach. I'm ready to play. Today.

I consider myself a stretch 13 in terms of position, and how many teams have that?

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Is that height with your bball shoes on, and is that height what you were in college, or now? Hmmmmmmmm... (Shrinkage, ya know-------not that there is anything wrong with that.)

ricks
    I'm closer to 6'7" with my shoe inserts. I was 6'6" at age 16, but barely weighed 150#. And now I've completely derailed this recruiting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    For 2014-15, we'd still have Amile, Marshall, Semi, and Alex to play in the frontcourt (assuming Jabari and Rodney both leave after this season). My guess is rather than "expand the net," the coaching staff would move on to the 2015-16 prospects.
    Let's hope for marked improvement from Marshall, Semi, and Alex, then. Especially because Semi and Alex would also need to be putting in substantial time at the wing, unless we land Winslow.

If Rodney and Jabari leave but Quinn, Sheed, and Amile all stay, then in a worst case scenario of no additional recruits we're looking at something like:

Starters
    Quinn Cook
    Matt Jones
    Rasheed Sulaimon
    Amile Jefferson
    Marshall Plumlee

Bench
    Grayson Allen
    Semi Ojeleye
    Alex Murphy

You really think we'd move on to 2015-16 in recruiting targets facing the prospect of having only eight scholarship players next year?

OMG! Does anyone know if K and staff realize they will need front court players a few years from now? They might not have realized it! Quick, who can alert the staff fastest?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    OMG! Does anyone know if K and staff realize they will need front court players a few years from now? They might not have realized it! Quick, who can alert the staff fastest?
    Psh. Don't they read these threads??

Let's hope for marked improvement from Marshall, Semi, and Alex, then. Especially because Semi and Alex would also need to be putting in substantial time at the wing, unless we land Winslow.

If Rodney and Jabari leave but Quinn, Sheed, and Amile all stay, then in a worst case scenario of no additional recruits we're looking at something like:

Starters
    Quinn Cook
    Matt Jones
    Rasheed Sulaimon
    Amile Jefferson
    Marshall Plumlee

Bench
    Grayson Allen
    Semi Ojeleye
    Alex Murphy

You really think we'd move on to 2015-16 in recruiting targets facing the prospect of having only eight scholarship players next year?
    If we don't get Travis and then don't get any of our remaining four targets, and we don't go after anyone at the last minute in the face of all that rejection, and if our two most hyped players go pro after one Duke year, then we're still left with 8 guys who are all worthy of being in an 8-man rotation that would be preseason top 10-15. Not bad, and very interesting to watch...