Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT Duke Fan Friendly Restaurants in Durham

I did an article on Top Restaurants for Duke Fans. If I left out a good restaurant, please comment in the article or here. Thanks!

http://dukereport.com/duke-basketbal...-fans/fhodges/

Dain's Place on 9th is pretty good. Elmo's Diner is also excellent. Alivia's and Devine's are across the street from Satisfaction and are also great choices — Devines is more student-heavy than Alivia's, though.

Tylers Taproom...watched the white raven return game against miami there (among others)...they toss it up on a projector in the back room...was nuts.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeelow22 View Post
    I did an article on Top Restaurants for Duke Fans. If I left out a good restaurant, please comment in the article or here. Thanks!

http://dukereport.com/duke-basketbal...-fans/fhodges/
    Don't eat out much in Durham, do you?

Elmo's, Rue Cler, Pop's, Toast, Nana's, Foster's, Piedmont, Vin Rouge, Four Square, Parizade, Parker and Otis, Q Shack (not for me, however) ,Six Plates, The Nasher, Watt's Grocery, etc. And, I'm sure that there are so many, many more that the posters here can tell you about.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Don't eat out much in Durham, do you?

Elmo's, Rue Cler, Pop's, Toast, Nana's, Foster's, Piedmont, Vin Rouge, Four Square, Parizade, Parker and Otis, Q Shack (not for me, however) ,Six Plates, The Nasher, Watt's Grocery, etc. And, I'm sure that there are so many, many more that the posters here can tell you about.

ricks
    Not sure I'd hit up Vin Rouge for a duke game though
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Not sure I'd hit up Vin Rouge for a duke game though
    Well, for being a Crustie that ventures out in Durham while in town for a game, it's the one restaurant that we always make sure to book before we come. (Can certainly understand how a lot of fans are unable to go to some of the restaurants on my list, however.)

ricks

Well, for being a Crustie that ventures out in Durham while in town for a game, it's the one restaurant that we always make sure to book before we come. (Can certainly understand how a lot of fans are unable to go to some of the restaurants on my list, however.)

ricks
    You have three more opportunities to make an appearance at a home football game... or are you waiting for the bowl game?

Thanks for all the replies! Keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    You have three more opportunities to make an appearance at a home football game... or are you waiting for the bowl game?
    We have tickets for the Nov 15 game and hopefully will make it to the bowl game. I went to Atlanta last year, and it was all great except for the final score. We would have made it to another home game except for all the problems we have been having around here that precluded our ability to go. See you on the 15th.

ricks

I must admit that the first time I saw the title of this thread I read OT as OL and wondered what fan friendly restaurants had to do with them!

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Tylers Taproom...watched the white raven return game against miami there (among others)...they toss it up on a projector in the back room...was nuts.
    Yeah, most Tyler's Taprooms do this, and it's sweet. They also have a Speakeasy around back — not sure if that's what you're talking about, uh_no, but they have billiards and other stuff back there as well.

Oh, and beer. Lots and lots of beer.

Charlie's has terrible food and an even worse atmosphere. The Cosmic Cantina is the bottom of the barrel for Mexican food. In addition to what others have said, I would recommend Bull McCabe's, Dame's Chicken and Waffles, The Pit BBQ, Geer Street Garden, Pizzeria Toro, The Federal...there are also a couple of really good tapas places on Main St.

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    Charlie's has terrible food and an even worse atmosphere.
    I thought Charlie's was closing for good soon...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    I thought Charlie's was closing for good soon...
    They've been closing for good soon for the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    They've been closing for good soon for the past year.
    haha I guess closing for good soon is good for business

The Fed & The Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Dain's Place on 9th is pretty good. Elmo's Diner is also excellent. Alivia's and Devine's are across the street from Satisfaction and are also great choices — Devines is more student-heavy than Alivia's, though.
    +1 for all

Elmo's, Rue Cler, Pop's, Toast, Nana's, Foster's, Piedmont, Vin Rouge, Four Square, Parizade, Parker and Otis, Q Shack (not for me, however) ,Six Plates, The Nasher, Watt's [sic] Grocery, etc. And, I'm sure that there are so many, many more that the posters here can tell you about.
    While all are good restaurants, not all of those are really 'fan friendly.'

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    The Cosmic Cantina is the bottom of the barrel for Mexican food.
    Heresy.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    We're partial to Spartacus, over in the South Square area on the 15-501 Bus. service road in front of Target. Very pro Duke, good Greek food.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    Heresy.
    Agreed. Cosmic might be crappy Mexican food, but it's our crappy Mexican food, by God.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    Heresy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Agreed. Cosmic might be crappy Mexican food, but it's our crappy Mexican food, by God.
    Amen. Cosmic is the only place that's a must when I'm through Durham. I, and the other students in my grad program, used to swear that they laced those lovely burritos with some addictive substance.

Most of the good Mexican food in Durham is on Roxboro Road (also, La Vaquita near the Hardee's on 15-501). I love you guys for defending the Cosmic, but it really does suck. GO DUKE!!!