Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieinSoCal View Post
    While Austin may end up being the best scoring guard we've ever seen at Duke...
    assuming he's only at duke for a year, I don't see how it would be possible for him to be better than, say, jj or Johnny dawkins when they were upperclassmen. if there is even a discussion to that effect in 2012, fantastic, but at the moment, I'd be happily surprised if he plays in the same ballpark as Nolan did in 2009-11--and that's probably a stretch.

Consider

Consider also that Kyrie chose Duke at a time when Carolina seemed on top of the world and we were perceived as missing out on Barnes. Austin initially committed elsewhere and while we were lucky to get him, wasn't seen as the "thank goodness" recruit that Kyrie was...at least not at the time. He certainly is now! I just wish we had both of them!

And I agree with COYS that we'll be fine with Seth and Austin starting as guards. Add in Tyler and Quinn and we should be great. I hope we're at least as strong inside as last year, hopefullly stronger with yet another year's experience. I'm still most excited to see who fills the SF spot. I'm betting it's Dre at least at first, but I'm hoping Silent G makes a splash there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    Consider also that Kyrie chose Duke at a time when Carolina seemed on top of the world and we were perceived as missing out on Barnes.
    I hate to reopen old wounds, but Kyrie committed before Barnes made his decision, and at the time many held a strong belief that Barnes would also choose Duke. Nevertheless, he does deserve credit for choosing Duke at a time when things were looking pretty glum for us.