Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    This is news?
    It was to the head coach

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/collegef...lemental-draft

Of course, now Pryor can refuse to cooperate with the NCAA investigation with no consequence to OSU

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieMc View Post
    As Chuck Shepherd says: "You're still not cynical enough."

I talked to an Auburn grad before the "Championship" game, and he said he didn't care. He just wanted Auburn to win and then have a week to celebrate. After that, they could take away the title.
    Auburn's next in the NCAA's sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Auburn's next in the NCAA's sights.
    I really hope so.
    No soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It was to the head coach

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/collegef...lemental-draft

Of course, now Pryor can refuse to cooperate with the NCAA investigation with no consequence to OSU
    John Blake anyone?

Dear lord, it just keeps getting worse.

Wait until the full story on Pryor's misdeeds comes out.

Shock and awe.

I wonder

if the brain dead NCAA will reconsider their ridiculous policy of not suspending players for bowl games.

I also wonder who looks worse - Pryor, Ohio State, or the NCAA.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    And you believe that . . . why??

More problems involving Terrelle Pryor are coming to light.

Pryor leaves a paper trail for NCAA

In addition to Pryor’s past NCAA transgressions, today I confirmed that Ohio State was recently cited by NCAA enforcment officials for dozens of payments Pryor received in past years from a Columbus sports memorabilia dealer that are considered outside of NCAA rules....

The NCAA violations were discovered when the name of the local memorabilia dealer, Dennis Talbott, was seen on checks Pryor was depositing in his personal bank account.

During Pryor’s time at Ohio State, Talbott paid him tens of thousands of dollars to sign Ohio State Buckeye memorabilia.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    More problems involving Terrelle Pryor are coming to light.

Pryor leaves a paper trail for NCAA
    During Pryor’s time at Ohio State, Talbott paid him tens of thousands of dollars to sign Ohio State Buckeye memorabilia.
    So...are those items now worth more or less?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Has Maurice Clarett actually grown up?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6640219

...some interesting and - I can't believe I'm saying this - mature remarks from Mr. Clarett.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6640219

...some interesting and - I can't believe I'm saying this - mature remarks from Mr. Clarett.
    Yep... it amazing what happens when petulant teenagers have to experience real struggle. Mo has obviously owned up to his mistakes. However, I sincerely doubt that this part of the story will be picked up widely.
    WWJDD?

The NCAA says it won't charge OSU with failing to properly monitor its football program.

The NCAA has not uncovered any new, unreported violations during its investigation of a player memorabilia-sales scandal and will not hammer Ohio State with its worst-possible findings of "loss of institutional control" or "failure to monitor," according to an NCAA document the university received Thursday and released yesterday.

"Considering the institution's rules education and monitoring efforts, the enforcement staff did not believe a failure-to-monitor charge was appropriate in this case," the NCAA informed Ohio State.
    Furthermore, the NCAA fact-checked Sports Illustrated's story, and concluded that it was largely fictional.

The NCAA also reported that it investigated a Sports Illustrated report that identified nine additional players as selling OSU memorabilia to Columbus tattoo-parlor owner Edward Rife. The NCAA confirmed only one additional player as dealing with Rife, who soon will be sentenced on federal marijuana-trafficking charges.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Yep... it amazing what happens when petulant teenagers have to experience real struggle.
    If you are implying that Maurice Clarett hadn't experienced real struggle before he left Ohio State, I think you should think again. I can only speak for myself, but I hope to never face the struggles he has.

On Maurice Clarett:

"Something that takes this into consideration: He grew up with two brothers and 11 cousins in his grandmother's house in Youngstown, Ohio. His grandmother's house. Not Mom's, not Dad's. Thirteen kids under one roof, survival of the illest, with an older woman trying to hold it all together. According to ESPN reports, he ate "pork and beans for dinner, a couple of folded slices of bologna (no bread) for lunch." By the time he enrolled at Ohio State, he had attended the funerals of 10 of his friends, witnessed two people shot and killed in front of his grandmother's home, and served three stints in a local juvenile detention center."

(Bold added.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...jackson/060811