Bridesmaids (No Spoilers)

I know I wrote briefly about this on the Top Movies Thread....and I said there we could have our first darkhorse of the year. Well...this movie certainly has...um...pun intended...legs.

Per Box Office Mojo it did $3M on Monday and $3.4M on Tuesday. I tried to go last night with my wife and some friends...on a freaking Wednesday night at 7:45...and it was sold out when we got there at 7:30.

This movie is getting tremendous word of mouth. It's hardly going to drop this weekend...if at all. It is at 89% on Rotten Tomatoes (Pirates, by the way is getting trounced - below 40% currently). And women are starting to flock to go see it. My wife was lukewarm on it before, but then heard that not only was it funny, but that as a woman she "owed" it to other women to go see this show.

And, having seen it already...I can say it is not a chick flick. It's funny.

Would not surprise me at all if this movie ended up near $200M when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    I know I wrote briefly about this on the Top Movies Thread....and I said there we could have our first darkhorse of the year. Well...this movie certainly has...um...pun intended...legs.

Per Box Office Mojo it did $3M on Monday and $3.4M on Tuesday. I tried to go last night with my wife and some friends...on a freaking Wednesday night at 7:45...and it was sold out when we got there at 7:30.

This movie is getting tremendous word of mouth. It's hardly going to drop this weekend...if at all. It is at 89% on Rotten Tomatoes (Pirates, by the way is getting trounced - below 40% currently). And women are starting to flock to go see it. My wife was lukewarm on it before, but then heard that not only was it funny, but that as a woman she "owed" it to other women to go see this show.

And, having seen it already...I can say it is not a chick flick. It's funny.

Would not surprise me at all if this movie ended up near $200M when all is said and done.
    I was toying with the idea of this and even broached the idea with the wife. She didn't seem too keen on it and we ended up seeing Thor instead. Now, my better half is a chick flick/comedy guru and I was pleasantly shocked to have her agree to an action film over Bridesmaids. Now all I need to do is call her friends that have seen this and tell her it was really, really bad and Thor was sooooo much the better choice.