Thread: Women's Hoops

Question Women's Hoops

Is there a forum on this board for women's hoops?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    Is there a forum on this board for women's hoops?
    You're on it.

-jk

Style expectation from Coach P?

Not to highjack this thread, but now that we've seen what Coach P did with the US team in Euro competition, plus her time at MSU & our knowledge of next year's team, can anyone extrapolate what we should expect from the women next year in terms of style of play? With Alison gone, do we go more up tempo? Curious to hear the thoughts of those (much, much) more knowledgeable than me on this...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    You're on it.

-jk
    thanks. Some boards have mens and women's forums separate. Just didn't want to post out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shark View Post
    Not to highjack this thread, but now that we've seen what Coach P did with the US team in Euro competition, plus her time at MSU & our knowledge of next year's team, can anyone extrapolate what we should expect from the women next year in terms of style of play? With Alison gone, do we go more up tempo? Curious to hear the thoughts of those (much, much) more knowledgeable than me on this...

Thanks!
    My reply is NOT to indicate that i feel I am more knowledgeable than anyone on this...but I just enjoy the women's game.

From what i've read Coach P wants a more up tempo style on off and def. She has said that she likes an aggressive D, which i do also, and wants to run. I looked for the "notebook" on the GoDuke.com page where she talked about it but it wasn't there.

I had the opportunity to meet her yesterday and she is as personable and friendly as everything i've read. I could tell she was chomping at the bit to get cranked up. As am I!!

Thumbs up USA U21 Women Win Gold Led By Waner & McCallie

Congratulations to Abby and coach P.

“MOSCOW, RUSSIA-- Duke University Head Coach Joanne P. McCallie and rising junior Abby Waner guided the 2007 USA Basketball U21 World Championship Team (8-0) over Australia (6-2), 96-73, to earn the gold medal on Sunday evening at the FIBA U21 World Championship in Moscow, Russia. France (7-1) nearly squandered a 22-point lead heading into the fourth quarter, but held off a late Russian (5-3) comeback attempt for a 67-61 victory and the bronze medal.”
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...ATCLID=1065621

Check out this site - dedicated to Duke Women's hoops and started by some "graduates" of DBR. It is useful and informative, though, at present does not have a comments board.

http://www.dwhoops.com/

Smile Go Coach P!

Seems like a super strong D (as always) and more emphasis on an uptempo run-and-gun offense. (Lindsay Harding would have LOVED this team).

The more I see (read) from Coach P, the more impressed I am. How fortuitous for Duke to have found the PERFECT women's coach (IMHP). This team has FF written all over it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Seems like a super strong D (as always) and more emphasis on an uptempo run-and-gun offense. (Lindsay Harding would have LOVED this team).

The more I see (read) from Coach P, the more impressed I am. How fortuitous for Duke to have found the PERFECT women's coach (IMHP). This team has FF written all over it.
    And to think that the existing Duke Athletic and University Administration didn't have to be replaced to have this hire happen!!!!