May I have some prayers Please?

I am going to put down my 13 year old Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix down at 5 this evening. Trajan had fought a hard battle of bone cancer. He fought so hard over the past several months, that his body can't take it anymore. I am not going to let him suffer he is in so much pain right now. Its time for him to let him go. I am going to take him to the the vet at 5 pm tonight and have him put down. I think this is the right decision altough its hard right now. I can't stop crying. He is the first dog that I ever owned I got him as a puppy back in 1997 after I graduated from Highschool. I know its also going to be hard on my 6 year old Portuguese Water Dog they love each other and they never had a fight they always played together and etc. May I have some prayers for Trajan? He is just shy of his 14th birthday. He would have turned 14 on June 10th.

Trajan was named after Trajan Langdon of course.

My heart goes out to your family. I'm glad you have found the courage to do what is right by Trajan. Hold him and love him.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOfATime View Post
    I am going to put down my 13 year old Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix down at 5 this evening. Trajan had fought a hard battle of bone cancer. He fought so hard over the past several months, that his body can't take it anymore. I am not going to let him suffer he is in so much pain right now. Its time for him to let him go. I am going to take him to the the vet at 5 pm tonight and have him put down. I think this is the right decision altough its hard right now. I can't stop crying. He is the first dog that I ever owned I got him as a puppy back in 1997 after I graduated from Highschool. I know its also going to be hard on my 6 year old Portuguese Water Dog they love each other and they never had a fight they always played together and etc. May I have some prayers for Trajan? He is just shy of his 14th birthday. He would have turned 14 on June 10th.

Prayers all around for everyone in your family including the furry ones. My posting namesake, a black cat named Rasputin, had quite an adjustment when we had to put his little sister, Anastasia, down. Try to make sure you give your H2O dog plenty of attention in the coming days.

Im so sorry to hear this, I know the pain you feel. Words cant take the hurt away but our creator can. I will definitely be praying for you my friend...

... I can't stop crying. ...
    Nor should you. Trajan's really beautiful. Sounds like y'all had a tremendous time together and Trajan had a wonderfully loving life. Sad day indeed. My condolences.

I'm sure Trajan will be a happy and pain-free doggie playing in heaven.
    Take care....

Trajan!

Thank you for sharing your story about Trajan, and I'm so sorry to read that you're having to go through this. I think that he's been fortunate to have you to care so much for him over the last 13 years and he knows that he was loved, for sure.

I will be praying for you to feel better and sense God's grace to help you get through this.

Thanks again for telling us about Trajan.

dukestheheat (Paul)

Peace and tranquility to all involved. It will come in time.

Prayers and good vibes to you and your sweet little man. Rest assured that he had a good life with you, that your time together was blessed, and that he's in a good place now.
    A glass raised to Trajan.

My 13 yr old Airedale, Archer, and I send our prayers for you both.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Hey DOAT. How are you holding up? I've been through this 3 times, and those of us that love 'em will keep putting ourselves through it of course. Currently, we have a 5 year old chocolate lab (Norton), and a 1 year old redbone coonhound (Bogart). You never replace them, but as a good pack leader, you just have to feel that those that you bring into your life have hit the jackpot, and make it so. No doubt you are a caring, loving owner, so grieve, and then rescue or choose a lucky guy or gal and give them a great life. The tough part is that you know ahead of time that you will outlive them. During the sad days after the loss, I always have to ask myself, "If they had come with an expiration date, so you knew exactly when it would happen, would you have done it?" The answer is always YES! They bring tons of joy into our lives. All we can do is the same for a lucky few. All the best to you! (Oh, and Trajan, please say hello to Duke Reddevil, Howard Earl, and Lonestar for me!)
    Last edited by Reddevil; 05-20-2011 at 09:44 PM.