Nolan's Lockout Adventures

Last weekend, Nolan was in Seattle participating in future teammate Brandon Roy's charity game. The local paper had a couple of fun photos from event that I thought were worth sharing. I'm extremely excited to have Nolan in Portland.

Link with caption.

Link with caption.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Great pics. Nolan always wears a smile well, and he knows how to wear a hat.

NolanHat.jpg

(That's from the women's Duke-unc game)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Those are great pictures! Everyone loves Nolan Smith, Mr Personality! Nolan always wears a large smile on his face with a humble spirit and takes time with Fans for pictures and autographs.

Nolan always supported the Womens Basketball team, during his 4 years. I saw him at Football games and Lacrosse matches, also.

There are many people that dislike Duke Basketball, but you never hear a negative word about Nolan Smith. He made everyone around him, feel better about themselves. Love the pictures, and love the hats! Portland is getting a gem with Nolan Smith!

I couldn't find a boxscore but I did find this recap.

"Nolan Smith drew the biggest “ooh” with a tomahawk dunk in transition that he threw down with more power than anyone knew he had at Duke."

http://dimemag.com/2011/07/this-week...ck-in-seattle/

Quote Originally Posted by altmike View Post
    I couldn't find a boxscore but I did find this recap.

"Nolan Smith drew the biggest “ooh” with a tomahawk dunk in transition that he threw down with more power than anyone knew he had at Duke."

http://dimemag.com/2011/07/this-week...ck-in-seattle/
    Just a warning: that Dimemag link triggered one of those fake virus scans and booted an .exe to install something labeled anti-spyware software but im sure is just the opposite...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    There are many people that dislike Duke Basketball, but you never hear a negative word about Nolan Smith. He made everyone around him, feel better about themselves. Love the pictures, and love the hats! Portland is getting a gem with Nolan Smith!
    Funny you should say that. I have a friend who's a diehard UNC fan and he said he will always root for Nolan... When he said it the first time I thought he was joking...

The kid is going to go far and be successful not only in basketball but in the game of life...