Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Purvis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rodney Purvis

Story http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6464816

Could Duke be in the mix for Purvis?

I think both Duke and NC State are in the mix.

I've heard that he's been seen around Raleigh quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    Story http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6464816

Could Duke be in the mix for Purvis?

Quote Originally Posted by Slackerb View Post

I've heard that he's been seen around Raleigh quite a bit.
    Could that be because he lives in Raleigh?

I honestly have no idea where he ends up. Would be a big get for Gottfried after the Harrow transfer.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

At this point I can't see how/why Duke would actively recruit him. I know that he is a very good player but when he enters college Duke will have 2 true pg's and 2-3 lead/combo guards already on the roster. Additionally, we are looking to be very tight in the scholarship department. There are already scholarship offers out to at least Parker and Shabazz with only one slot currently available which may be taken by Daniels. So in order to sign those two we are going to have some early entries or transfers. I don't see how Purvis could bump himself up the priority list enough to get an offer.

^^No. I've heard that he has relationships with some people from State, like Tyler Lewis, Lorenzo Brown, and Julius Hodge.

I've also heard that Purvis is a top priority for Gottfried.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    At this point I can't see how/why Duke would actively recruit him. I know that he is a very good player but when he enters college Duke will have 2 true pg's and 2-3 lead/combo guards already on the roster. Additionally, we are looking to be very tight in the scholarship department. There are already scholarship offers out to at least Parker and Shabazz with only one slot currently available which may be taken by Daniels. So in order to sign those two we are going to have some early entries or transfers. I don't see how Purvis could bump himself up the priority list enough to get an offer.

Agree 100%. He may get a look, but I doubt it gets too far.
    1200. DDMF.

Duke is/has been in contact with Purvis. He was one of Duke's earliest offers to the 2012 class (and is one of three outstanding uncommitted offers along with Tony Parker and Shabazz Muhammad.) It will be interesting to see how this whole thing progresses. The scholarship numbers are certainly getting tight...

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Duke is/has been in contact with Purvis. He was one of Duke's earliest offers to the 2012 class (and is one of three outstanding uncommitted offers along with Tony Parker and Shabazz Muhammad.) It will be interesting to see how this whole thing progresses. The scholarship numbers are certainly getting tight...
    What about Deandre Daniels? I know he is 2011 but was inquiring about the three uncommitted outstanding offers.
    Last edited by esl; 05-02-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by esl View Post
    What about Deandre Daniels? I know he is 2011 but was inquiring about the three uncommitted outstanding offers.
    Patience is a virtue.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Patience is a virtue.
    I will try to be virtuous then.

For some reason, his name has a bad feeling for me. Maybe it has to do with 1986?

Was Purvis the kid who said his favorite team growing up was Duke??

Quote Originally Posted by Duke: A Dynasty View Post
    Are you saying he makes you nervous?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Uhh lol I dont get it... One of our recruits from 2012 said that their dream school was Duke. I couldnt remember who it was.

Uhh lol I dont get it... One of our recruits from 2012 said that their dream school was Duke. I couldnt remember who it was.
    I think that was Sulaimon.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/02/r...aimon-to-duke/

Sulaimon grew up a Duke fan and he can now play for his dream school.
    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...63642860352651

Sulaimon always talked about Duke and was honored when Krzyzewski offered him a scholarship at the very beginning of January.

"It's always been No. 1 to him," [Sulaimon's coach] Lowe said. "He said he wants to continue working on his game to keep pushing and pushing, and he's always done that to be able to get offered at Duke.
    And Landon Lucas, who we scouted a bit but didn't offer, basically said the same thing...
    Last edited by Bluedog; 05-02-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add quote

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I think that was Sulaimon.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/02/r...aimon-to-duke/

And Landon Lucas, who we scouted a bit but didn't offer, basically said the same thing...
    Yup it was... and I just read that Purvis grew up a unc fan and is freinds with Reggie Bullock

I would rather see him in red than that other blue....

Yup it was... and I just read that Purvis grew up a unc fan and is freinds with Reggie Bullock
    Rodney won't be attending UNC for college.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Rodney won't be attending UNC for college.
    I see you've added the qualifier "for college." So he may be attending UNC for other reasons, e.g. NBA development?

Seriously though, as good as he is I see us so loaded with small guys - K knows what he's doing so I'm not too worried either way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervis_Ellison

Nickname: "Never Nervous Pervis"

I still shed a tear when I think of that game.