Alabama and surrounding states tornado outbreak

April 2011 is going down in the record books as the most tornadic month in recorded history. Alabama in particular has been devastated. They are now saying over 200 are dead and that is expected to rise. The videos of the tornado from Tuscaloosa yesterday are astonishing.

If you believe in a higher power and pray please do so today for those folks. They need all the help they can get.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Alabama and surrounding states tornado outbreak

Its been a terrible year for the tornados, we had just gotten over the one's on the 15th to be slammed on Wednesday. I have been real fortunate as none have come to close to me in thearea of Birmingham where I live however; the Wednesday tornado came within a 1/2 mile of hitting my workplace. Almost everyone I know has a friend or family member who have been affected. My daughter-in-law and grandson live in tuscaloosa and were in the area that was worst hit. They rode it out in the closet and both of them were OK with no injuries, in additionshe has already found a new place to live. I was amazed how fast her rental company found a new apartment. I think she is lucky in that she is going to law school at Alabama and that helped her to get replacement housing very quickly....other's in her area were not so lucky and they are still finding people among the rubble. I am attaching a picture of my grandson in front of what used to be his house. The house used to have trees all around it and they are all gone also. Please prey for all the people who have lost loved ones and everything they have owned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by bcato View Post
    Its been a terrible year for the tornados, we had just gotten over the one's on the 15th to be slammed on Wednesday. I have been real fortunate as none have come to close to me in thearea of Birmingham where I live however; the Wednesday tornado came within a 1/2 mile of hitting my workplace. Almost everyone I know has a friend or family member who have been affected. My daughter-in-law and grandson live in tuscaloosa and were in the area that was worst hit. They rode it out in the closet and both of them were OK with no injuries, in additionshe has already found a new place to live. I was amazed how fast her rental company found a new apartment. I think she is lucky in that she is going to law school at Alabama and that helped her to get replacement housing very quickly....other's in her area were not so lucky and they are still finding people among the rubble. I am attaching a picture of my grandson in front of what used to be his house. The house used to have trees all around it and they are all gone also. Please prey for all the people who have lost loved ones and everything they have owned.
    Wow. That is amazing. Very glad your grandson and daughter-in-law survived. Looking at the pic of the house, it is obvious they were very fortunate. The devastation here in NC from our tornado's is very bad, and in Alabama it is even worse. Well over 300 dead now with many more hurt.

We have some very close friends (an elderly couple) that live just outside of Tuscaloosa, and they were spared. We spoke with them Wed night. They had no power, but the tornado's missed their neighborhood thankfully. I have a co-worker though, who has several family members that live in one of the bad areas. As of Friday morning, all were confirmed safe except for 2. (His nephew and an uncle). He is very worried about those two as no one in the family had been able to make contact with them yet. He left work about 2:30 Thursday afternoon and drove down there. I am still waiting to hear from him to get an update.