Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    Nope, I have high standards for my Devils, and 10 practices is plenty of practice time.
    heck, they should've peaked after 5 practices. ( the freshmen might've needed 6)

A couple things bothered me a lot after looking at that box score.
    All I have to say about this is nothing about this trip should bother you "a lot." The early practices and games are pure bonus. Even if we play terribly and lose, this can only help us.

These games mean nothing. It's all about getting ready for the season.

Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    All I have to say about this is nothing about this trip should bother you "a lot." The early practices and games are pure bonus. Even if we play terribly and lose, this can only help us.

These games mean nothing. It's all about getting ready for the season.
    You mean it's not time to say: "It's over"?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    You mean it's not time to say: "It's over"?
    Well, based on history, it's always time for that.

Didn't see anyone mention these, so I'll just post a link, it's a page with Duke Blue Planet's pictures of the trip so far:

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2011-12/Friendship-Games

Dre's epic tomahawk jam is chronicled in pics #27-30. Anybody notice Ryan sporting a new goatee? Makes him look a bit tougher, I like it.

What a summer treat to get some Duke basketball; looking forward to seeing the games that ESPN-U carries.

With disclaimers about exhibition game, it's early, etc., the game account and boxscore from today indicate two very reasonable trends:

1. We'll play a deep rotation
    2. The highest number of shot attempts should go to Curry, Rivers, and Kelly, with Dawkins up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Already scheduled?

http://dukechronicle.com/article/gra...e-stints-china

Didn't see anyone mention these, so I'll just post a link, it's a page with Duke Blue Planet's pictures of the trip so far:

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2011-12/Friendship-Games

Dre's epic tomahawk jam is chronicled in pics #27-30. Anybody notice Ryan sporting a new goatee? Makes him look a bit tougher, I like it.
    It's nice to see Nolan is there, from the pics, along with Grant and Kyrie (as mentioned in the Chronicle article).. as well as Austin's father Doc. Very cool.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    My "key" points from today in order:
    1. Andre's dunk was awesome (World meet Jr First Team All-ACC Andre Dawkins)
    2. I'm 45 yrs old but not too old to notice that Austin River's shoes rocked! Awesome kicks!
    3. MP3 - The wrong shade of blue Nike's!! Seriously, those have to go!

I look forward to watching tomorrow's game on DVR when I get home from work to see how the guys look. Box Score is a terrible way to judge a game. Can't record intangibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    3. MP3 - The wrong shade of blue Nike's!! Seriously, those have to go!
    Rookie Hazing
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by zoroaster View Post
    It's nice to see Nolan is there, from the pics, along with Grant and Kyrie (as mentioned in the Chronicle article).. as well as Austin's father Doc. Very cool.
    If only Shane were in that picture of Grant and Nolan, my three favorites from the last 20 years would have been in that one shot! And how cool was the Nicholas School of the Environment tee on Grant?!

Reading about today's game is like getting water in the desert! I think I'm going to be "working from home" in the morning and calling into my 11:00 meeting. I can't wait all day to watch the game. (If anyone from NetApp reads this...you didn't read this and you don't know who I am).

Talking Go West...

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Reading about today's game is like getting water in the desert! I think I'm going to be "working from home" in the morning and calling into my 11:00 meeting. I can't wait all day to watch the game. (If anyone from NetApp reads this...you didn't read this and you don't know who I am).
    You live in the wrong time zone. I get a comfortable 630AM tipoff -- time enough to even brew up some tea before the game.

sagegrouse
    '"Flyover country" does not include the Rocky Mountains'

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    You live in the wrong time zone. I get a comfortable 630AM tipoff -- time enough to even brew up some tea before the game.

sagegrouse
    Although that 6:30am start time would help me to get to work at a decent hour...I'm not exactly a morning person! The kids bus picks them up at 7:50am. That give me 10 minutes to pick a Duke shirt and hat for the game and grab some breakfast!

Hahaha, NICE. I think that game was played on Duke's Kunshan Campus, right? So, it technically WAS a home game for us.
    It would be hard to play a game on a campus that isn't built yet. Also, pretty sure that our new business school doesn't need a basketball arena.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Man Im so hype right now I cant sleep. Got my dad and brother coming over in the morn and we gona throw some pancakes and bacon on the grill and wash it down with some frozen muggs of Tropicana Orange juice. Ima put my jersey on and ill probably be in mid season form yelling at the refs and couch coaching like I always do. Lets get hype!

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sagegrouse
    But I thought its starting at 6, not 6:30? That's what my tv says.

Also, as this is a game we will actually get to watch, can we have proper game threads for it? I'm an active reader, not participator, so don't value my opinion too much.

Is anybody extremely pumped to watch live Duke basketball in August?!

Since the game will be on ESPN3, at 8am eastern time, it should also be available later on in the replay selection on espn3. So if you can't watch it live and don't get it recorded on dvr, it still will be there to see online later in the day or the next day. I believe they keep the replays around for a few days.

Apologies if this has already been posted (didn't see it when I looked through the China threads), but here's DBP's highlight reel for the 8/17 game that wasn't televised. Dre's dunk is sick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PknUc...=youtube_gdata

Quote Originally Posted by Duke05 View Post
    Apologies if this has already been posted (didn't see it when I looked through the China threads), but here's DBP's highlight reel for the 8/17 game that wasn't televised. Dre's dunk is sick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PknUc...=youtube_gdata
    Also, here's the highlight reel from the 8/18 game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17OJ_...=youtube_gdata