Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Post Girl Served Mudslide at Chicago Chili's

    Apparently they served a 4 year old a mudslide instead of a chocolate milkshake at a Chili's in Chicago, and this kind of stuff has been happening recently. I can certainly see being upset, but I don't get the calling police thing over an honest mistake. Anyway, you can read about it, and some other incidents like it, here:

    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/04/...ide-at-chilis/

    I guess the moral is that we should all at least smell the drinks our kids get at restaurants before letting them drink them.
    LET'S GO DUKE!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    They ordered a red fruit drink in a sippy cup and a choco shake, and the child took 3 or 4 sips from the chocoalcohol drink which didn't taste good, and then she got alcohol poisoning? Seems dubious.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    There was also a recent story of a child, I think at Applebees, who received a fruity alcoholic cocktail instead of the fruit drink ordered. He ended up with blood alcohol level of 0.1. The problem there was that the fruit drinks and the premixed alcoholic cocktail were kept in and served from unmarked containers. It seems like a very reasonable precaution for the restaurants to take to make sure alcoholic drinks are only kept in and served from clearly marked containers. I don't expect perfection from busy servers, and honest mistakes happen, but it seems there's a pretty easy fix that would prevent unintentional harm in these situations.
    Brian Zoubek on what was going through his mind walking to the free throw line with 3.6 seconds remaining in the 2010 National Championship game and Duke up by 1: "Fifty percent [of me is] thinking, This is what I've been dreaming of doing my entire life. Fifty percent I'm crapping my pants."

  4. #4
    unfortunately the cynic in me is already looking at this story with shaded glasses on.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    There was also a recent story of a child, I think at Applebees, who received a fruity alcoholic cocktail instead of the fruit drink ordered. He ended up with blood alcohol level of 0.1. The problem there was that the fruit drinks and the premixed alcoholic cocktail were kept in and served from unmarked containers. It seems like a very reasonable precaution for the restaurants to take to make sure alcoholic drinks are only kept in and served from clearly marked containers. I don't expect perfection from busy servers, and honest mistakes happen, but it seems there's a pretty easy fix that would prevent unintentional harm in these situations.
    I think the story I linked mentioned that one and another. One was a toddler in Detroit that got a margarita at an Applebee's, the other was a 2 year old that got a sangria at an Olive Garden in Florida.
    LET'S GO DUKE!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Certainly children have been mistakenly given alcohol hundreds (thousands?) of times a week for years and years. 300 million people can make a lot of mistakes in a day. Why this is suddenly a story is anybody's guess, but we really need something else to worry about, eh?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Similar Threads

  1. Shelden Williams - it's a girl!
    By Bluedog in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 03:23 PM
  2. Girl Scout Cookies
    By Lavabe in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 04:21 PM
  3. Justice is served, imo.
    By Devilsfan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •