Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
Howard may be the best athlete in the NBA. His skills are becoming more polished. The thing that would really concern me though if I were a Magic fan is his demeanor on the court. He has led the league in technicals over the past few years and always seems to be I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ing at the refs and smiling like he knows the tv cameras are on him. He comes across to me as really immature and not very focused. He rarely sets out to destroy an opponent or to play like a possessed animal for 40 minutes. He coasts at times and makes dumb mistakes for a guy who came into the league in 2004.
I don't watch a lot of NBA games, so please correct me if I'm wrong. In the games that I have seen Dwight play, he gets manhandled down low. And, I don't mean that the other guys are stronger or more tough than he is...I mean it's almost like the "Jordan Rules" when it comes to Dwight. They are extremely physical with him and I believe he gets very frustrated with the lack of non-calls. Does that justify his reaction? No, definitely not, but I'm not sure I could keep my cool night in and night out.

Watching the highlights from last night, I am amazed at his improvement with his offensive skill set. He could not make or finish some of those moves years ago.