Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nike Hoops Summit 4/9...Cook and Rivers on USA team

One of the best all-star competitions takes place Saturday evening at 7:00 PM Pacific time in the Rose Garden in Portland. The teams play to win, and even play some defense occasionally.

Austin Rivers and Quinn Cook are on the USA team
    USA and World rosters

The World Select team has a significant size advantage Athletic 7-footer Lucas Riva Nogueira of Brazil will present a problem.
    Here is a news release with details on the World team's players

TV coverage is on Fox Sports Net channel 646 on DirecTV beginning at 10:00 PM Eastern.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    One of the best all-star competitions takes place Saturday evening at 7:00 PM Pacific time in the Rose Garden in Portland. The teams play to win, and even play some defense occasionally.

Austin Rivers and Quinn Cook are on the USA team
    USA and World rosters

The World Select team has a significant size advantage Athletic 7-footer Lucas Riva Nogueira of Brazil will present a problem.
    Here is a news release with details on the World team's players

TV coverage is on Fox Sports Net channel 646 on DirecTV beginning at 10:00 PM Eastern.
    Thanks for posting this Roy. Easily the best of the All-Star games to watch imo. The game 2 years ago with John Wall running the point was great. The game is always competitive and like you say they play it like a real game with great competing and strategy on both ends. Not a dunk-fest and showboat-fest in this game.

I look forward to seeing Austin and Quinn in this one.

Anybody got a link to a live stream? I am stuck at work upgrading a server. Looks like I will be here until 1 baby-sitting this thing.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeFanSince1990 View Post
    Anybody got a link to a live stream? I am stuck at work upgrading a server. Looks like I will be here until 1 baby-sitting this thing.
    Per a tweet from our guy Airowe, the link below should work for the game

http://ow.ly/4wCSo

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Per a tweet from our guy Airowe, the link below should work for the game

http://ow.ly/4wCSo
    Thanks a ton! One more database to go and they are averaging 2.5 hours to upgrade a piece.

I can't believe the sideline reported just asked Austin if he is excited to play with Kyrie next year. Way to keep on top of the latest news Rebecca.

Yeah, that was a bone-headed question for sure. Before Austin answered, I thought, "Oh, this game must have already happened and this is a replay, surely this reporter can't be that ill-informed". But, of course, this is Fox Sports so...

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    I can't believe the sideline reported just asked Austin if he is excited to play with Kyrie next year. Way to keep on top of the latest news Rebecca.
    How did he respond?

The link provided above is not working for me "Sorry, you are unable to access this content"

Any other?

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    How did he respond?

The link provided above is not working for me "Sorry, you are unable to access this content"

Any other?
    He politely informed her that he won't be playing with him because he declared for the draft.

Both our guys look good. Rivers has sick range and nice finishing moves. Excited to see both of those players in a Duke uniform! Is it November yet?

Austin and Quinn looked good, but WOW @ Bismack Biyombo from Congo.

He's 6'8, 240, 4.8% body fat, explosive quick jumper and a 7'7 wingspan (not a typo). He had 9 blocks tonight plus several more he wasn't credited for, and absolutely dominated guys like Davis, Gilchrist and McAdoo in the paint.

He'll probably be a lotto pick this year... really exciting athlete.

Our guys

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Both our guys look good. Rivers has sick range and nice finishing moves. Excited to see both of those players in a Duke uniform! Is it November yet?

Rivers 20 points and Player of the Game; Quinn 12 points, a couple of slick assists and a great smile. Great to have these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    seems like she got pulled by the director....she was saying that "they've lost two seniors and ...uh...throw it back to you"...

to which austin just smiled and said "thank you"....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Just got back, fun event to go to. Wife got autographs from both Quinn and Austin and said they both were really nice young men. At the end Austin threw into the crowd his jersey and shoes after signing autographs for a long time. Threw an offer at the kid who got the jersey and may be negotiating with his dad on it if he calls. Would be a sweet souvenir.

Anybody know if this will be replayed today or some other time. I was out and forgot to set the dvr.

Hoops Summit Boxscore

Both Austin and Quinn shot well, with good 3-point results from a FIBA line that is 22 ft 1 inch+, or more than a foot further than the NCAA line of 20-ft 9-in

Caught the 2nd half. Was pleased to see Rivers and Cook play very well. Both have R-A-N-G-E! Pay no attention to UNC fans, Rivers is quick and does play D.

UK has a nice class and if either Knight or Jones stays, I can't see how they won't be preseason #1. Sorry to burst heel expectations on that.

No matter what happens, we'll be very, very solid next year. I know we've got leadership and frontcourt questions, but the potential and talent will be there and nobody does a better job of putting it all together than Coach K.

Here are some official measurements on Rivers and Cook from the game as well.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nike-hoop-su...er-evaluations
    Player Height (with shoes) Weight Wingspan
    Quinn Cook 6'0'' 177.3 6'1''
    Austin Rivers 6'4'' 198.6 6'8''

Quote Originally Posted by Double DD View Post

Love how Rivers is only 10 pounds lighter than Anthony Davis.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Double DD View Post

Mis-read original post