Thomas Drafted By Seattle

Jasmine became Duke's 7th first-rounder as the Seattle Storm picked her with the last pick in this year's first round. Congrats to Jasmine, both for going in the first round and for ending up with the defending champs.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Jasmine became Duke's 7th first-rounder as the Seattle Storm picked her with the last pick in this year's first round. Congrats to Jasmine, both for going in the first round and for ending up with the defending champs.
    Thanks for posting - that is great news.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    All three seniors were drafted.
    Jasmine to Seattle (12th), Karima Christmas to Washington (23rd) and Crystal Thomas also to Seattle (36th). Congrats ladies!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Bridgette Mitchell (2010) will join her Duke teammates, Jas and Krystal in Seattle...and Rima will join Alana, Lindsey and Mo in Washington. They all have to be ecstatic. Huge Duke presence on arguably the two best teams in the WNBA. Seattle won it all last year.

Congrats ladies...we are very proud of you!!!

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verga3 View Post
    Bridgette Mitchell (2010) will join her Duke teammates, Jas and Krystal in Seattle...and Rima will join Alana, Lindsey and Mo in Washington. They all have to be ecstatic. Huge Duke presence on arguably the two best teams in the WNBA. Seattle won it all last year.

Congrats ladies...we are very proud of you!!!
    Christmas won't be joining Lindsay in Washington, because Harding has been traded to Atlanta in the Mystics' quest for front court talent: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...MND_story.html
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Christmas won't be joining Lindsay in Washington, because Harding has been traded to Atlanta in the Mystics' quest for front court talent: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...MND_story.html
    And unfortunately she won't be joining Monique on the court since she is out for the season with an injury (knee).
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Congrats to our three wonderful seniors!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Harding

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    The trade wasn't initiated by the Mystics: Harding requested it.