Thread: Arthur remake

Arthur remake

So, I just started a part-time gig with the Wall Street Journal commenting on the boxoffice biz. My first column, which is pretty darn blaah because my editor wanted it to be really short, is on the remake of the classic comedy Arthur.

Anyway, do me a favor and click over there and hit the LIKE button or something like that to indicate you read it and enjoyed it. I am hoping the WSJ will think highly of me and allow me to turn this occasional thing into a somewhat regular gig.

Thanks!

-Jason "getting paid to talk about movies... now that would be a life I would enjoy!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, I just started a part-time gig with the Wall Street Journal commenting on the boxoffice biz. My first column, which is pretty darn blaah because my editor wanted it to be really short, is on the remake of the classic comedy Arthur.

Anyway, do me a favor and click over there and hit the LIKE button or something like that to indicate you read it and enjoyed it. I am hoping the WSJ will think highly of me and allow me to turn this occasional thing into a somewhat regular gig.

Thanks!

-Jason "getting paid to talk about movies... now that would be a life I would enjoy!" Evans
    OK, I did my part. I clicked the Facebook "like". Good luck, Jason.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Congratulations, that's pretty cool. A couple Chronicle people from my time ended up at the WSJ, although I don't know whether they're still there.

Did that go into the print edition? If you're not used to space limitations in dead-tree publications, you soon will be.

I posted a comment...hope that helps.

Cool, but...

...aren't there some philosophical differences between you and the NewsCorp. people?

What would be even better is if you could get a political commentary gig with them. It'd be fun to watch.

arthur

Did my part (however, a question ... when I hit the like, it asked me to log into facebook ... since I won't have an account, I had to cancel the pop-up box ... does that negative my 'like' vote?).

As for Arthur, its getting pretty poor reviews overall (last time in checked, under 30 percent on the tomatometer), but my favorite critic, Roger Ebert inexplicably liked it and gave it three stars.

Of course, I've always believed that for comedies, critics are relatively powerless -- word of mouth is the key.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I chipped in with a "Like" vote as well. Good luck with this Jason. Remember us minions below!

Good stuff, congrats Jason!