Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    No. But I want those 84 minutes of my life back.

As Principal Anderson may have said to Mike Judge: "Everyone in this room is now dumber for having [watched] it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "
    Hmmmmmmmmm. I was about to reply to Jason saying, "If you loved Office Space, and you are recommending that movie, then I will watch it."

Now I am conflicted. I am also flicted.

-EarlJam

Hey Hurley, where were you hiking?
    Saturday: Snoqualmie Pass to Lundin Peak
    Sunday: Some ridge east of Lake Chelan (couldn't find a hotel room within 30 miles of Wenatchee; everything was booked for a softball tournament)
    Monday: Eightmile Creek up to Windy Pass (near the Enchantments)
    Tuesday: Spider Meadow up to near Larch Knob (still tons of snow up there)

Entering in this thread late today!

Today has not been the day I thought it would be at work. First of all, did 65 on the way in. Yeah, I know that is the posted speed limit but expected to get the ole volvo up to 75 (I actually get better gas mileage, go figure).

Then at 8:30 the day went to pot, people having all sorts of really strange issues that the boss isn't here to handle so am trying to appease people until Monday if I can't take care of the problem myself.

Whew! Thank God it's almost quitting time and that tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!!!!

Earljam, thanks for the update on the g-friend. Hope you two have a fabulous dinner tonight!!

No. But I want those 84 minutes of my life back.

As Principal Anderson may have said to Mike Judge: "Everyone in this room is now dumber for having [watched] it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "
    I enjoyed Idiocracy for what it was. Caught it on Time Warner On-Demand.

There were several laugh out loud parts, although I think that it petered out in the end. The idea was great -- fairly high concept social satire (survival of the dumbest, least ambitious) disguised as a low brow comedy -- but the execution wasn't completely there.

The way Idiocracy was just buried by the Hollywood big brass is sad though. I'll admit to liking Office Space more after repeated viewings (like Anchorman and Big Lebowski) and I think Idiocracy could get better after multiple viewings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm. I was about to reply to Jason saying, "If you loved Office Space, and you are recommending that movie, then I will watch it."

Now I am conflicted. I am also flicted.
    I do not reccomend it. It was not nearly up to Office Space. It had its moments and had some clever ideas, but the execution was poor and the story really fell apart. It is clearly the worst thing Mike Judge has ever done-- which still makes it better than a lot of stuff.

If you are dying to see it just for the sake of seeing everything Mike Judge does, then check it out. But it is not a very good comedy.

-Jason "I expected more-- a lot more" Evans

Cool I didn't know this but...

Mike Judge used to play in Anson Funderburgh's band.

Cool ps

Work still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Work still sucks.
    Right on cuz. Work is wack. But shizzle baby. Today is Friday and tonight I'll be mackin' on some cold brews while layin' on the smack 'em yack 'em!

I'm so white.

-EarlJam

Wink keep faith

Right on cuz. Work is wack. But shizzle baby. Today is Friday and tonight I'll be mackin' on some cold brews while layin' on the smack 'em yack 'em!

I'm so white.

-EarlJam
    A bad day with cold Sam Adams is always better than a good day at work.

Don't do it with the perc tho.

"Excuse me, Miss. I speak Jive."

Sheeeet, man, that honkey mus' be messin' my old lady
    got to be runnin' col' upsihd down his head!

Subtitle: GOLLY, THAT WHITE FELLOW SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE
    OR I WILL PUNCH HIM.

Awesome.

Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no
    mo' big rap upon you man!

Subtitle: YES, HE IS WRONG FOR DOING THAT.

Cut me some slack, jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don' get da help.

I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...

Washington Loves DBR

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Saturday: Snoqualmie Pass to Lundin Peak
    Sunday: Some ridge east of Lake Chelan (couldn't find a hotel room within 30 miles of Wenatchee; everything was booked for a softball tournament)
    Monday: Eightmile Creek up to Windy Pass (near the Enchantments)
    Tuesday: Spider Meadow up to near Larch Knob (still tons of snow up there)
    Meanwhile, we did the Olympics (the peninsula) the last few days (Hoh, Hurricane Ridge, Quillayute/Rialto), and head off to Mt. St. Helens tomorrow (the whole trip has been geology 101 for my daughter).

I still can't get over driving on the beach at Ocean City.

Alumna: what a great state! Hate to go back to Atlanta.

DevilDeac: Boundary Bay Brewery ... YUM! Also, GOT to love Moose Drool Brew.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

work sucks today

Well, not really now 'cuz it is Saturday. But, y'all must remember the old standard, a bad day at work is better than a good day at chappa heeya.
    Lavabe-I can't believe I read this thread long enough to be noted with a brewery reference. I think we had Moose Drool Brown ale on our trip to Yellowstone several years ago. Does the Pike Brewery still exist? If so, do they still make the Kilt Lifter Scottish ale? Tasty! And you REALLY do need to view Mt. St. Helen's from the east side. The devastation is still amazing and we saw it 5-6 years ago.

A good Sam Adams?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Well, not really now 'cuz it is Saturday. But, y'all must remember the old standard, a bad day at work is better than a good day at chappa heeya.
    Lavabe-I can't believe I read this thread long enough to be noted with a brewery reference. I think we had Moose Drool Brown ale on our trip to Yellowstone several years ago. Does the Pike Brewery still exist? If so, do they still make the Kilt Lifter Scottish ale? Tasty! And you REALLY do need to view Mt. St. Helen's from the east side. The devastation is still amazing and we saw it 5-6 years ago.
    I ventured into the Land of Josh to take in an assortment of Bridgeport Brewery's finest barleywine, IPA, and brown ale. Thanks for the recommendation Devildeac. Meanwhile, I hear that Sweetwater in Atlanta faces some silly regulation about its tours.

Pike KiltLifter is still around... it was on the shelf along with Moose Drool. How can you resist the Drool?

We did the west side of MSH to see the crater, the devestation, and the spectacular geology (could probably use a few photos for lecturing). On a bright note, the US National Park Service did a fantastic job with its museums. Incredibly educational!

I REALLY don't want to go back to work on Tuesday.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    We did the west side of MSH to see the crater, the devestation, and the spectacular geology (could probably use a few photos for lecturing). On a bright note, the US National Park Service did a fantastic job with its museums. Incredibly educational!
    It's actually the USFS (Agriculture), not the NPS (Interior). There is a difference, which probably isn't worth getting into here. Also, I think one of the visitor centers on the west approach was funded partly by a paper company.

I hiked MSH (the actual mountain) back in 2001. There's also a hike you can do from the east approach that gives you a more head-on view:

Last edited by hurleyfor3; 07-08-2007 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks for correction

The exhibits in Coldwater & Johnston stops are indeed Forestry Service. The lower ones are not.

If I can figure out how to zap up a jpg, I will do, as your wonderful photo is devoid of the new lava dome/slab. Awesome to see the venting there.

Bizarre moments:
    1) Found a creationist stop at a lower elevation on the highway.
    2) Bigfoot Country signs and post cards.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Bigfoot reference

Bigfoot country? Are you referring to a) the creature which I thought was allegedly from California or b) the barleywine ale which IS from California or c) both of the above .

Sasquatch/Bigfoot

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Bigfoot country? Are you referring to a) the creature which I thought was allegedly from California or b) the barleywine ale which IS from California or c) both of the above .

Unfortunately, choice A). Washington, Oregon, British Columbia, and California have all had their fair share of Bigfoot/Sasquatch reports. The Northwest regional fast food chain Burgerville has a "Sasquatch Jr." character; sure beats the McDonald's character from the 70's, the GRIMACE.

Perhaps the Journal of Cryptozoology will have discussion of sasquatch/bigfoot, as well as Hogzilla and that large hog in Alabama (see earlier thread from Jason).

All in all, I am more interested in the barleywine ale!

Having said that, your Sasquatch Ale is featured by the Six Rivers Brewery in McKinleyville, CA, but you can also get one through Bigfoot Breweries in Bend, OR.

Cheers,
    Lavabe