fun fun fun fun fun fun fun (Sunday comes afterwards)

So, I'm proud of DBR for not having discussed Rebecca Black's execrable "Friday" yet, but the meme finally got cool with a blockbuster performance by Stephen Colbert with the Roots (and some special guests). Enjoy!

Makes me actually want to listen to the song...and wish it was Friday again!

That has to be one of the most random music videos ever! What were the Abominable Snowman and the beekeeper doing in the background?!?! And the guy in a tennis outfit (I think) holding up a card with white and black spots on it? Is there some kind of code going on there that I do not know about?

I love the way the Roots made the song actually sound good... even with Colbert singing. Freaking awesome!!

--Jason "did anyone else notice that Colbert appeared to forget the lyrics several times toward the end? Like it matters!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That has to be one of the most random music videos ever! What were the Abominable Snowman and the beekeeper doing in the background?!?! And the guy in a tennis outfit (I think) holding up a card with white and black spots on it? Is there some kind of code going on there that I do not know about?
    Supposedly it's a Mii barcode for the new Nintendo 3DS. So I'm guessing you scan it in with the camera on the 3DS and some sort of magic happens. Maybe it's like The Ring, and within 7 days your appreciation for music will die.

The Abominable and Bee Keeper brought to mind the silly non sequitur comedy of Conan at his best. Great, bizarre touches.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I love the way the Roots made the song actually sound good... even with Colbert singing. Freaking awesome!!
    Hey, Colbert is a multi-talented musician. Have you forgotten his rap skillz?

Wanted to edit this into my previous post, but I waited too long.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    Hey, Colbert is a multi-talented musician. Have you forgotten his rap skillz?
    Didn't really notice any rap skills, but Alicia Keys is one fine singing lady, the finest. Thanks for that link.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    So, I'm proud of DBR for not having discussed Rebecca Black's execrable "Friday" yet, but the meme finally got cool with a blockbuster performance by Stephen Colbert with the Roots (and some special guests). Enjoy!
    Someone linked in the preview thread of the first round game, which prompted an in jest call for banning that poster. It appears to becoming the new rick-roll.

Tomorrow is Saturday.

I assume you saw the Funny or Die April Fool's gag? The entire site morphed into a Rebecca Black fan page.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR