Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jnastasi View Post
    chad ford is an idiot...the guy clearly has it out for duke and therefore i don't take much of what he says seriously
    Chad Ford simply reports what he hears from NBA scouts and GMs. He is not an idiot and does a pretty good job of ranking high school and college talent based on the insider discussion he hears.

I have also never seen any reason to believe he has it out for Duke or that his mental faculties are weak. I have been reading his Espn insider articles for a long time and he's a good source.

I love the completely opposite opinions on his (Fords) mental faculties. At any rate we will know Plumlee's choice in less than three weeks and then the team can get on with preparations for 2011-2012.

Mason isn't ready yet. He needs a lot of work on his low post game and his free throw shooting. He can either get it at Duke, or in the NBDL. Which would you choose?

I concur...

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Of course. I just find it humorous how someone is automatically an idiot or anti-Duke if they have anything negative to say about a player or the program. Maybe sometimes, they're just right.
    Hi,

I have no idea if Chad Ford is an idiot or not. Actually, I don't really care (that is for others who feel the need to fret over). What I do care about is Duke and I am sad when kids who have no business leaving, leave. I don't put Kyrie or Elton in that group.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by jnastasi View Post
    chad ford is an idiot...the guy clearly has it out for duke and therefore i don't take much of what he says seriously
    Of course. I just find it humorous how someone is automatically an idiot or anti-Duke if they have anything negative to say about a player or the program. Maybe sometimes, they're just right.
    What I don't get is how saying that Mason is leaning toward declaring (true or not) is anti-Duke. The information may or may not be accurate, but IMO Chad Ford's not saying anything about Duke one way or the other.

On 99.9 the fan radio sports station, on Thrusday, during the Adam Gold Show, one of the topics was the possibility of Mason Plumblee going into the draft.

During the segment, the sports announcers commented on the play of both Miles and Mason. Noting that both have had some flashes of great basketball, but not the level of an NBA player. And the discussion of Marshall coming into the mix was discussed as well.

During the segment, the talk of the 3 Zeller brothers was discussed. It was either Adam Gold or the other commentator that said, " ONE Tyler Zeller is better than 3 Plumblees."

I don't know how they can say this. Duke beat Carolina 2 out of 3 times this season. And Duke completely dominated at the ACC tourney. All of the Tar Heel games were close, with the exception of the final Duke Championship game. The Tar Heels Should have lost to Miami on Friday.

When you live in North Carolina, and especially the Triangle, it (Unc and the Tar Heels) are thrown down your throat, in your face and the Talk of everyone. And of course, almost every other car has Unc sticker on it.

Mason needs to stay at Duke and graduate!! And work on his skill set.

I understand the whole potential thing. Obviously Jeff Capel staying for another year hurt him because by then, the NBA knew he wasn't NBA Material but I believe that Mason's case is a little different. I think he will get drafted if he stays another two years or not. The thing is, if he left now, I believe he would be in and out of the NBA within two years because he still has things that he needs to work on. That's why I believe staying is more important this time then potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Beagle View Post
    Your golden retriever looks beautiful. Great dogs.
    Thanks. I wanted to name him Coach K but my family rebelled against me taking my Duke fanaticism that far.

Mr Rotogodo,

Your logic is inherently fallacious. I'll break it down for you:

anti-Duke = IDIOT
    negative to say about a player = IDIOT
    negative to say about the program = IDIOT

Respectfully,

Not-an-idiot

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    On 99.9 the fan radio sports station, on Thrusday, during the Adam Gold Show, one of the topics was the possibility of Mason Plumblee going into the draft.

During the segment, the sports announcers commented on the play of both Miles and Mason. Noting that both have had some flashes of great basketball, but not the level of an NBA player. And the discussion of Marshall coming into the mix was discussed as well.

During the segment, the talk of the 3 Zeller brothers was discussed. It was either Adam Gold or the other commentator that said, " ONE Tyler Zeller is better than 3 Plumblees."

I don't know how they can say this. Duke beat Carolina 2 out of 3 times this season. And Duke completely dominated at the ACC tourney. All of the Tar Heel games were close, with the exception of the final Duke Championship game. The Tar Heels Should have lost to Miami on Friday.

When you live in North Carolina, and especially the Triangle, it (Unc and the Tar Heels) are thrown down your throat, in your face and the Talk of everyone. And of course, almost every other car has Unc sticker on it.

Mason needs to stay at Duke and graduate!! And work on his skill set.

How true, most Tar Heels cant admit that Duke owned the ACC tournament, all they want to talk about is how their holes got one game further in the NCAAT than Duke. Their lack of class is disgusting but typical.

Mark Watson (Watzone) said on Twitter that he has no idea why people think Mason may put his name in the draft when it's already been said that he's returning. Of course, things could change, but I'll trust Watzone on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyWR View Post
    How true, most Tar Heels cant admit that Duke owned the ACC tournament, all they want to talk about is how their holes got one game further in the NCAAT than Duke. Their lack of class is disgusting but typical.
    And let's be real....If some UNC fans want to hang their hats on UNC going one game further than duke (whoopee!!!), they need to remember that they don't get a ring for that or go into the history books for great accomplishments; and let's not forget, they beat a Marquette team that was a double digit seed and inferior to a very hot 5th seeded Arizona team.

It is certainly ridiculous, and evidence that 'Tar Heel' is a perfect term to describe the fan base, that the majority of the people living in the state of North Carolina cheer for the University of North Carolina. Are you also annoyed to be living in the US and find so many people speaking English with an annoying American accent and flying American flags?

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoHeel View Post
    It is certainly ridiculous, and evidence that 'Tar Heel' is a perfect term to describe the fan base, that the majority of the people living in the state of North Carolina cheer for the University of North Carolina. Are you also annoyed to be living in the US and find so many people speaking English with an annoying American accent and flying American flags?
    While I understand your overall point, you're not making an accurate comparison. There aren't several competing countries in the US with their own languages and flags. In the state of North Carolina, however, the lucky folks can pick from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, UNC-Wilmington, UNC-Charlotte, North Carolina State University, Davidson University, Wake Forest University, East Carolina University, etc,...or even that other school in Durham (sadly infested with yankees as it is). The annoyance, for us residents of this fine state who are not fans of UNC-CH, is that local media seem to forget that there are indeed teams playing basketball in North Carolina who don't wear pastel blue.

i am not sure what Duke beating unc has to do with the reality of the fact that T. Zeller has shown a much more refined offensive game than either Plumlee. Mason may have a higher ceiling, but at this point I would certainly say that TZ is better than either Mason or Miles, and frankly, its not that close. If either Mason or Miles developed Zeller's low post hook shot they would be an absolute force to be reckoned with.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Devil View Post
    Thanks. I wanted to name him Coach K but my family rebelled against me taking my Duke fanaticism that far.
    Thank goodness. Otherwise you'd have instances of where your family members would say, "Coach K left a little present in the living room."

I'd take Zeller over any current Duke big man (or two) in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    While I understand your overall point, you're not making an accurate comparison. There aren't several competing countries in the US with their own languages and flags. In the state of North Carolina, however, the lucky folks can pick from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, UNC-Wilmington, UNC-Charlotte, North Carolina State University, Davidson University, Wake Forest University, East Carolina University, etc,...or even that other school in Durham (sadly infested with yankees as it is). The annoyance, for us residents of this fine state who are not fans of UNC-CH, is that local media seem to forget that there are indeed teams playing basketball in North Carolina who don't wear pastel blue.
    THANK YOU for saying that! On the Sports Radio in the Triangle, its Unc this and Unc that. It doesnt Matter if its Mens Basketball, Womens Basketball, Lacrosse, Football or PIng pong or Marbles.

When I was in Charlotte for the Mens ACC tourney, it was the same way. With the sports media, its all about the Little Boy Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Regenman View Post
    I'd take Zeller over any current Duke big man (or two) in a heartbeat.
    Well, all three Plumlees will be at Duke this Fall, along with Ryan Kelly. The 3 Zeller brothers are enrolled in different schools, thank goodness. But TZ and John Henson are really dominate in the paint. Hopefully, MP1 MP2 and MP3 will get it going and rolling this Fall!

Aren't the Plumlees and the Zellers all from Indiana? They must eat alot of corn from TALL STALKS!

What could be??????

Plumlee wanabes. Old time ball.
    Attached Images Attached Images