Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Mason Plumlee NBA Draft Vigil

NBA Draft Express Twitter says Mason definitely returning.

http://twitter.com/draftexpress

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHoopsGuru View Post
    NBA Draft Express Twitter says Mason definitely returning.

http://twitter.com/draftexpress
    Please, let it be so.

How cool would it be if we could find a team on our schedule next year against whom we could put the three brothers on the court at the same time, even if only for a few minutes---

"Plumlee passes to Plumlee coming off a screen from Plumlee and hits the shot!"

He needs to return. He has a lot of upside but would have a lot of pine splinters in his rear end if he went to the NBA.

I think he would be crazy to go now. Is he even 1st round? I am surprised him leaving is even a topic.

I have not heard anything regarding the UNC trio. We read that Sullinger and the kid from Texas are coming back but not one rumor anout the 3 amigos from Chapel Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    How cool would it be if we could find a team on our schedule next year against whom we could put the three brothers on the court at the same time, even if only for a few minutes---

I think the announcer will probably go shoot himself by the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dakkon74 View Post
    I think he would be crazy to go now. Is he even 1st round? I am surprised him leaving is even a topic.
    He's #23 on Chad Ford's Top 100. Ford has also said that he is "leaning toward declaring for the draft"

I think this makes sense from everyone involved b/c Mason has actuall shown some development. I kinda felt that McBob left at the right time b/c I didn't really see him getting that much better at Duke, but Mason has already shown some work ethic with his development of some semblance of a post game. With one good summer, if he can make that little hook his go to move and either develop a second move or possibly a jump shot, than Mason can be a dominant player in the ACC and a certified lottery pick.

Mason Plumlee NBA Draft Vigil

Chad Ford says Mason Plumlee is "Leaning Toward Declaring for NBA Draft" according to DukeUpdate's synopsis of his insider article:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...e%3dInOut-2011

http://dukeupdate.com/

This contradicts what Draft Express said earlier:

"Duke fans: Rest easy. A good source tells us Mason Plumlee has decided to return to school. Won't even test the waters."

So, who knows if Chad Ford knows what he's talking about. I personally would be shocked if he declares. I don't think he's guaranteed to be a first round pick, but I guess neither was Shav and he left early.

Edit: Others are saying Ford's report is inaccurate...Sorry for bringing it up again.
    Last edited by Bluedog; 04-07-2011 at 06:40 PM.

chad ford is an idiot...the guy clearly has it out for duke and therefore i don't take much of what he says seriously

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post

Someone who knows Marshall really well said that he has point guard vision...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVfxv...ature=youtu.be

Have we heard anything either way? If he was definitely staying and leaving wasn't a very serious option, he would have said something. A reporter asked Marshall in the video posted on the front page (and the post above this one) if Mason was going pro, and his answer basically said he was going to support him either way, etc. It was so vague and the way he said it made me really concerned. Right now, I really think he's leaning towards going pro. Hopefully, he proves me wrong! I think he can make a huge jump up the charts with what I expect will be a breakout season this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jnastasi View Post
    chad ford is an idiot...the guy clearly has it out for duke and therefore i don't take much of what he says seriously
    yeah, that's it. guess wouldn't shouldn't take him seriously when he saye kyrie's gonna be the top pick in the draft

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    yeah, that's it. guess wouldn't shouldn't take him seriously when he saye kyrie's gonna be the top pick in the draft
    Hi,

A broken clock is right twice a day too. Chad Ford could be an idiot and still make the right prediction about Kyrie. I could predict that someday California will have another earthquake and that New Orleans will experience another Katrina. Each of those predictions are easy to make. The key would be if I could tell you when--I can't. Chad knows enough to know Kyrie is most likely a top three pick. The top pick still has to do with who wins the lottery, their needs, and who else comes out, etc. Even then, Kyrie is still most likely the top pick. Chad is not really making a very bold statement.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Devil View Post
    He needs to return. He has a lot of upside but would have a lot of pine splinters in his rear end if he went to the NBA.
    Your golden retriever looks beautiful. Great dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

A broken clock is right twice a day too. Chad Ford could be an idiot and still make the right prediction about Kyrie. I could predict that someday California will have another earthquake and that New Orleans will experience another Katrina. Each of those predictions are easy to make. The key would be if I could tell you when--I can't. Chad knows enough to know Kyrie is most likely a top three pick. The top pick still has to do with who wins the lottery, their needs, and who else comes out, etc. Even then, Kyrie is still most likely the top pick. Chad is not really making a very bold statement.

GO DUKE!
    Of course. I just find it humorous how someone is automatically an idiot or anti-Duke if they have anything negative to say about a player or the program. Maybe sometimes, they're just right.

If he doesn't come back... I honestly don't know how to finish this sentence without being banned from this website.

Let's just say if Mason leaves, there would be a completely different sentiment shown on this board compared to what's going on with the Kyrie situation... Even though he accomplished about 100X as much as Kyrie did.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    If he doesn't come back... I honestly don't know how to finish this sentence without being banned from this website.

Let's just say if Mason leaves, there would be a completely different sentiment shown on this board compared to what's going on with the Kyrie situation... Even though he accomplished about 100X as much as Kyrie did.
    Notwithstanding that we all feel entitled to have a view on a kid's departure, my feelings are that while I want every kid to stay all four years I have no right to criticize a kid for leaving early (as contrasted to questioning whether his short or long term NBA success will be impacted by leaving prematurely). It is his life and he did not sign a contract stating that he will stay for four years. No broken contract and no broken promise. The fact that he is not going to be a high pick or the fact that he has not yet accomplished anything noteworthy in college does not diminish his right to leave as he sees fit.

That all being said, I will hang no banner for a kid that uses Duke as a quick entry into the NBA. If you want to be part of Duke folk lore, stay and earn that glory. Kyle is a perfect example. But I will not get angry at Mason or criticize him should he choose to leave. It is his life to lead and I cannot imagine that his decisions will be based on my intense desire for Duke basketball to be strong next year.
    Last edited by -jk; 04-08-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: fix quote tag

blue devil nation tweeted yesterday that once the season ended, they reported that mason would be back. draft express has also tweeted the same thing.