Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jalen Rose Arrested

Just saw this on ESPN

Things not going well for old Jalen. Hope K's comments didnt' send him over the edge.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6271516

Good . . .

I hope the members of this community -- and, more critically, divine higher powers -- will forgive my pettiness and non-compassion. However, given Rose's recent self-serving and myopic anti-Duke statements in the Fab Five, I hope he receives the FULL penalties accorded to this crime (if he is legitimately found guilty).

Hmmm...

I expect he'll blame it on Grant Hill.

What goes around comes around...

Does this deserve comment or a thread? no.
    ~rthomas

Uh oh...

Jalen, better get a smart lawyer.
    Maybe a Dukie?

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    Just saw this on ESPN

Things not going well for old Jalen. Hope K's comments didnt' send him over the edge.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6271516
    Looks like this happened March 11...before the Fab Five was even released. Looks like espn waited to drop this story for some reason

Karma, she is a beotch.

I think this is more about Espn than Rose. They are no longer a news organization, they are an entertainment org like the WWE or People mag. They dont just report the news, they manufacture stories, hide stories and prolong stories to their benefit.

How many times am I supposed to get sucked into them reporting what Andy Katz tweeted (woah, he tweeted a major scoop!?) or how Jerry Rice did on Dancing with the Stars or Mike Golic did on All My Children before I swear off SportsCenter forever? I think I'll stick to EspnNews and game telecasts from here on out.

Super "Shark, consider yourself jumped" Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Does this deserve comment or a thread? no.
    Agreed. Criticize Rose and his documentary for its lack of perspective and blatant misrepresentation of the facts, it's deserved. To revel in his misfortune is contemptuous, petty and, one would think, beneath the dignity of this board. Let's hope the DD charge is not a sign of a greater problem with substance abuse.

Didn't JJ get a DUI shortly after graduation? Can happen to anyone (almost).

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Agreed. Criticize Rose and his documentary for its lack of perspective and blatant misrepresentation of the facts, it's deserved. To revel in his misfortune is contemptuous, petty and, one would think, beneath the dignity of this board. Let's hope the DD charge is not a sign of a greater problem with substance abuse.
    I would hardly call getting a DUI "misfortune."

It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this, particularly whether ESPN will do anything about it if he gets convicted.

Talking Hurley, not JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Didn't JJ get a DUI shortly after graduation? Can happen to anyone (almost).
    There was an incident with Bobby Hurley in Durham after school was out, IIRC (and there is always a first time). K and family were on the Outer Banks, and K returned to help out.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    There was an incident with Bobby Hurley in Durham after school was out, IIRC (and there is always a first time). K and family were on the Outer Banks, and K returned to help out.

sagegrouse
    JJ definitely had an incident right after he graduated. I believe he tried to avoid a checkpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    That was my only reason for posting not to criticise Rose personally, but to hope that as you said this isn't a sign of a more serious problem brought to light by recent criticism.

First of, it doesn't say what his BAC was in that article. If it were something low, like the amount one could get after 1-2 beers, then people should be cutting him some slack, cause that situation could happen to anyone. Who here has driven after having a 1-2 drinks after work, after a game, after a party, etc when your clearly not drunk, but your BAC may be at the limit? And yes, even our beloved JJ was not immune to this, so despite how some feel about Jalen after his comments, I would advise people not to play the holier than thou card...

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles4Eva View Post
    First of, it doesn't say what his BAC was in that article. If it were something low, like the amount one could get after 1-2 beers, then people should be cutting him some slack, cause that situation could happen to anyone. Who here has driven after having a 1-2 drinks after work, after a game, after a party, etc when your clearly not drunk, but your BAC may be at the limit? And yes, even our beloved JJ was not immune to this, so despite how some feel about Jalen after his comments, I would advise people not to play the holier than thou card...
    Sorry, when Jalen makes comments about Duke that several Duke players and Coach K found "insulting" (Coach K's word), I don't feel any great need to give him some sort of benefit of the doubt.

He's no friend of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles4Eva View Post
    Unless you're shotgunning them back to back and then immediately hopping into a car 1-2 drinks shouldn't put you over the limit.

There isn't much more to be said on this that would be appropriate for this board.

ESPN comes clean on Jalen Rose incident?

I saw this posted on ESPN today:

http://espn.go.com/blog/poynterrevie...mpromises-espn

Was going to post this in the Jalen Rose thread, but it's closed. I'm sure everyone + mods would appreciate it if we just kept this one strictly on-topic!

I think it's pretty stand-up for ESPN to post this- they certainly didn't have to. Jalen apparently didn't tell ESPN until it was about to be aired by a local Detroit TV station.