ESPN Battlelines Documentary: The Laettner Game

Just watched it. Incredible stuff. I can watch that 1000 more times and it will never get old. I think I remember when it first aired but who knows...

That Laettner performance has to go down as one of, if not the greatest college performance of all time.

The kick to the chest was a childish move though. Lucky he didn't get tossed.

perfect tonic to get over last Thursday

to think we could have been, should have been facing them Saturday night....watching that was better than watching "Remember the Titans"

Thanks for the link. I can watch that over and over.

ESPN put together a similar story for its, "Beyond the Glory," series called, "The Unforgettables." It focused more on the lives of the four KY players but ended by recounting this amazing game.

I searched a little but couldn't find it. In a sublime-to-the-ridiculous moment, I kept finding segments for the "Fab Five." Yuck.

The Unforgettables

I wish they would make a movie about the Unforgettables. You couldn't script the series of events that lead up to that meeting between Duke and Ky. It's a great story that really..when you think about it...ends well for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by dynastydefender View Post
    I wish they would make a movie about the Unforgettables. You couldn't script the series of events that lead up to that meeting between Duke and Ky. It's a great story that really..when you think about it...ends well for both teams.
    Agreed. Very cool historical link between our teams.

That was awesome! "The Greatest Game".

I will always remember exactly where I was for that game and moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke76 View Post
    to think we could have been, should have been facing them Saturday night....watching that was better than watching "Remember the Titans"
    At least K didn't say that we were overlooking Zona in the hopes of potentially playing against UK in the Final Four in the style of Calipari.

Totally agree with everyone else, though. I could watch this all day long.

WOW

Quote Originally Posted by vslice02 View Post
    Thank you very much for the link. I still get nervous when I see the end. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Thank you very much for the link. I still get nervous when I see the end. Wow!
    Truly awesome indeed.

In preparation to watch the documentary, I rewatched the game on the NCAA Vault website. One interesting announcer comment by Elmore caught my attention:

I'll tell you one thing - those Michigan young players, again, they play without the pressure, they come out there and expect you to play basketball. And with them, all they look at is "Hey, if we don't win it this year, we got three more years to win it." And that's a great thing when you're going into a tournament like that.
    Didn't know whether to put it here or dredge up the Fab Five thread.