Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, NC

    Jalen Rose Arrested

    Just saw this on ESPN

    Things not going well for old Jalen. Hope K's comments didnt' send him over the edge.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6271516

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia

    Good . . .

    I hope the members of this community -- and, more critically, divine higher powers -- will forgive my pettiness and non-compassion. However, given Rose's recent self-serving and myopic anti-Duke statements in the Fab Five, I hope he receives the FULL penalties accorded to this crime (if he is legitimately found guilty).

  3. #3

    Hmmm...

    I expect he'll blame it on Grant Hill.

  4. #4
    What goes around comes around....

  5. #5
    Does this deserve comment or a thread? no.
    ~rthomas


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lewisville, NC
    Uh oh....

    Jalen, better get a smart lawyer.
    Maybe a Dukie?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Piedmont-Triangle area of NC
    Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    Just saw this on ESPN

    Things not going well for old Jalen. Hope K's comments didnt' send him over the edge.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6271516
    Looks like this happened March 11...before the Fab Five was even released. Looks like espn waited to drop this story for some reason

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Karma, she is a beotch.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    I think this is more about Espn than Rose. They are no longer a news organization, they are an entertainment org like the WWE or People mag. They dont just report the news, they manufacture stories, hide stories and prolong stories to their benefit.

    How many times am I supposed to get sucked into them reporting what Andy Katz tweeted (woah, he tweeted a major scoop!?) or how Jerry Rice did on Dancing with the Stars or Mike Golic did on All My Children before I swear off SportsCenter forever? I think I'll stick to EspnNews and game telecasts from here on out.

    Super "Shark, consider yourself jumped" Dave

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Does this deserve comment or a thread? no.
    Agreed. Criticize Rose and his documentary for its lack of perspective and blatant misrepresentation of the facts, it's deserved. To revel in his misfortune is contemptuous, petty and, one would think, beneath the dignity of this board. Let's hope the DD charge is not a sign of a greater problem with substance abuse.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Inman, SC & Melbourne Beach, FL
    Didn't JJ get a DUI shortly after graduation? Can happen to anyone (almost).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Agreed. Criticize Rose and his documentary for its lack of perspective and blatant misrepresentation of the facts, it's deserved. To revel in his misfortune is contemptuous, petty and, one would think, beneath the dignity of this board. Let's hope the DD charge is not a sign of a greater problem with substance abuse.
    I would hardly call getting a DUI "misfortune."

    It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this, particularly whether ESPN will do anything about it if he gets convicted.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO

    Talking Hurley, not JJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Didn't JJ get a DUI shortly after graduation? Can happen to anyone (almost).
    There was an incident with Bobby Hurley in Durham after school was out, IIRC (and there is always a first time). K and family were on the Outer Banks, and K returned to help out.

    sagegrouse

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    There was an incident with Bobby Hurley in Durham after school was out, IIRC (and there is always a first time). K and family were on the Outer Banks, and K returned to help out.

    sagegrouse
    JJ definitely had an incident right after he graduated. I believe he tried to avoid a checkpoint.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Agreed. Criticize Rose and his documentary for its lack of perspective and blatant misrepresentation of the facts, it's deserved. To revel in his misfortune is contemptuous, petty and, one would think, beneath the dignity of this board. Let's hope the DD charge is not a sign of a greater problem with substance abuse.
    That was my only reason for posting not to criticise Rose personally, but to hope that as you said this isn't a sign of a more serious problem brought to light by recent criticism.

  16. #16
    First of, it doesn't say what his BAC was in that article. If it were something low, like the amount one could get after 1-2 beers, then people should be cutting him some slack, cause that situation could happen to anyone. Who here has driven after having a 1-2 drinks after work, after a game, after a party, etc when your clearly not drunk, but your BAC may be at the limit? And yes, even our beloved JJ was not immune to this, so despite how some feel about Jalen after his comments, I would advise people not to play the holier than thou card...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lewisville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles4Eva View Post
    First of, it doesn't say what his BAC was in that article. If it were something low, like the amount one could get after 1-2 beers, then people should be cutting him some slack, cause that situation could happen to anyone. Who here has driven after having a 1-2 drinks after work, after a game, after a party, etc when your clearly not drunk, but your BAC may be at the limit? And yes, even our beloved JJ was not immune to this, so despite how some feel about Jalen after his comments, I would advise people not to play the holier than thou card...
    Sorry, when Jalen makes comments about Duke that several Duke players and Coach K found "insulting" (Coach K's word), I don't feel any great need to give him some sort of benefit of the doubt.

    He's no friend of ours.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles4Eva View Post
    First of, it doesn't say what his BAC was in that article. If it were something low, like the amount one could get after 1-2 beers, then people should be cutting him some slack, cause that situation could happen to anyone. Who here has driven after having a 1-2 drinks after work, after a game, after a party, etc when your clearly not drunk, but your BAC may be at the limit? And yes, even our beloved JJ was not immune to this, so despite how some feel about Jalen after his comments, I would advise people not to play the holier than thou card...
    Unless you're shotgunning them back to back and then immediately hopping into a car 1-2 drinks shouldn't put you over the limit.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    There isn't much more to be said on this that would be appropriate for this board.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dallas

    ESPN comes clean on Jalen Rose incident?

    I saw this posted on ESPN today:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/poynterrevie...mpromises-espn

    Was going to post this in the Jalen Rose thread, but it's closed. I'm sure everyone + mods would appreciate it if we just kept this one strictly on-topic!

    I think it's pretty stand-up for ESPN to post this- they certainly didn't have to. Jalen apparently didn't tell ESPN until it was about to be aired by a local Detroit TV station.

Similar Threads

  1. Austin Rivers take on Jalen Rose and the Fab 5
    By dcdrumsinc in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 04:49 PM
  2. Grant Hill's Response to Jalen Rose
    By MHNOLADevil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 09:07 AM
  3. Jalen Rose on the Fab 5
    By Billy Dat in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 12:23 PM
  4. Jalen Rose just become my favorite analyst
    By DukieBoy in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 02:05 PM
  5. La Vie en Rose
    By Jim3k in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •