Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

McDonalds AA skill competition

I know Rivers will be in the skill competition, 3pt contest and dunk competition. Not sure who else will be GO DUKE!

im watching marshall and austin in the dunk contest right now . . not gonna lie, marshall looks less stiff than I thought he would be. I wouldnt be shocked if he actually has more of an offensive game than MP1 and MP2.

Quote Originally Posted by _TheFakeJWill_ View Post
    I know Rivers will be in the skill competition, 3pt contest and dunk competition. Not sure who else will be GO DUKE!
    Cook was in the 3 pt contest and Marshall Plumlee just took part in the dunk contest. Looking forward to seeing Rivers.

you guys are gonna hate PJ Hairston. 3 pt threat, high flyer, and he is full of swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    you guys are gonna hate PJ Hairston. 3 pt threat, high flyer, and he is full of swagger.
    Can he shoot, or is like every other highly-touted shooting guard UNC has landed in the last two years?

unfortunately quinn came in second to kyle wiltjer . . . 6'10" white guy who can shoot it . . . i wanna know how UK got him before we found out about him lol

Marshall had two very nice dunks... I'm excited about the three MPs next yr! Also, Quinn Cook has a nice stroke from 3 (finished 2nd in 3 pt contest)

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Can he shoot, or is like every other highly-touted shooting guard UNC has landed in the last two years?
    Hairston's stroke isn't as good as what UNC currently has (fell apart in the finals of the 3 pt contest)... I know that is not saying much

oh man . . austin came out in the doc rivers hawks jersey and nailed his first dunk for a perfect score . . . what a baller.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    Good. There has not been a good UNC bad-boy to really hate in a long time- probably since McCants. Make beating UNC all that more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    im watching marshall and austin in the dunk contest right now . . not gonna lie, marshall looks less stiff than I thought he would be. I wouldnt be shocked if he actually has more of an offensive game than MP1 and MP2.
    He may be better- but is just not strong enough as of yet. But the evidence from his brothers suggest he has the genes to put on muscle with some effort.

Austin Rivers had some sick dunk attempts. This guy is the real deal. He is long and athletic. That to go along with a ridiculous jumper. He will be exciting to watch.

Please Kyrie come and play with him.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    He may be better- but is just not strong enough as of yet. But the evidence from his brothers suggest he has the genes to put on muscle with some effort.
    Not strong enough? He looks plenty strong to compete from day one!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    MP3 already has something neither of his bros ever did . . . some serious swagger. I could see him becoming a productive 4 year guy who develops into a great leader. It's all about whether or not he decides to develop a reliable back to the basket post game, which MP1 and MP2 for some reason refuse to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDevil View Post
    Not strong enough? He looks plenty strong to compete from day one!
    If you saw him in a game- which I did a few weeks back- you could see the weakness in his lower body more easily. Mason was equally impressive dunking in his McDonald's game. Marshall will develop- but lets not put expectations on him like folks did with Mason. Kids take time to develop. Mark it down- Mason will show a quantum improvement next year.

MP3 robbed on the dunk contest.

wow what a joke, marshall didnt miss a single dunk, nash missed at least 3 on every attempt, and he ends up with the win??? bunch of BS

Plumlee came in second with a 122 to LeBryan Nash's 124 in the slam dunk contest. However, I think most people would say that Plumlee was by far the best dunker on the night. Not sure how Nash got better marks. PJ Hairston and Austin also made the final four, but both missed one of their dunks so finished well behind.

Dunk?

I don't usually watch these exibitions, so, I have no basis on which to judge. But who were the judges? The worse kid in the competition won. Marshall looked stunned as did Nash. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez! That was really bad.

Is there a link to the results or highlights of the competition? I am at work and cant watch tv right now.