DBR MODS Please Read

Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you a little quick story. I work with a Butler Alum and I emailed a link to the front page of DBR showing the support of Butler now that our beloved Devils had an exit from the tournament. He was so grateful and shocked that he didnt realize the amount of respect us Duke fans have for Butler. We met up at the NC game last year in Indy and shared stories. Just a fantastic human being. Anyway he was so excited that he sent the link to the following... David Woods, Butler beat writer at the Indianapolis Star (who wrote "Underdawgs"), Victory Firelight (Butler blog site), and Rush The Court (though I'm not sure it went through to RTC

I can honestly say that the Underdawgs book is a fantastic read and I personally want to say thank you for what you do and although we are down now, this was a fantastic year. This site makes me even more proud to be a Duke fan.

Lastly a quote from a favorite band of mine that sums up I think everyones feelings right now "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns...always."

Obsesseddukefan.

Quote Originally Posted by obsesseddukefan View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you a little quick story. I work with a Butler Alum and I emailed a link to the front page of DBR showing the support of Butler now that our beloved Devils had an exit from the tournament. He was so grateful and shocked that he didnt realize the amount of respect us Duke fans have for Butler. We met up at the NC game last year in Indy and shared stories. Just a fantastic human being. Anyway he was so excited that he sent the link to the following... David Woods, Butler beat writer at the Indianapolis Star (who wrote "Underdawgs"), Victory Firelight (Butler blog site), and Rush The Court (though I'm not sure it went through to RTC

I can honestly say that the Underdawgs book is a fantastic read and I personally want to say thank you for what you do and although we are down now, this was a fantastic year. This site makes me even more proud to be a Duke fan.

Lastly a quote from a favorite band of mine that sums up I think everyones feelings right now "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns...always."

Obsesseddukefan.
    Nice post--but no link--?

Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Nice post--but no link--?
    I have not recieved anything back from the Butler alum. Once I do I will give a link. He just sent out the link to DBR that I forward to him maybe 5 minutes ago.

Here are the links to the sites he sent it too although nothing in respose just yet.

http://blogs.indystar.com/butler/ David Woods blog (author of Underdawgs)

http://victoryfirelight.com/

http://rushthecourt.net/

Like I said before these are the people he sent the link to, so far on each of the sites no mention of DBR, but I though that it was nice of my friend to take time to send what DBR had on the front page..

Bless your heart...and his. Thanks for being the kind of Duke fan I love.
    Love, Ima

I have distant family in Indianapolis and have sent them the link to the front page on facebook. They have forwarded it to all their Butler fan friends. The responses I have gotten back have been real positive. "classy" and "thats great".

My pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Bless your heart...and his. Thanks for being the kind of Duke fan I love.
    Love, Ima
    Everywhere I have ever lived, worked and everyone I have ever met I try to teach them what I know about Duke. I have no affiliation with the University, or anyone who goes there. It's just that Duke basketball has been there during the darkest of days and I am forever grateful that I am now an obsessive fan living in Big 10 Country. There are ups and downs with every team but the poise that they learn and the heart that past team and current teams have is just flat out what I think society should model themselves after. There are a lot of "ways" but I am proud to say that I follow the Duke way. After getting 3 Duke tattoos over the course of many years, and turning my basement into a Duke Room of sorts, I try to invite people over to share and let them experience the type of class that each team brings. Duke has brought me many joys over the years and it is a pleasure to visit Durham and the people that live there every year I go out there.

Over the next couple of weeks/months there will be a lot of speculation on who will stay and who will go, I ask that we remember the core values that Duke represents and not to let emotions get the best of us on theses boards.

Forever Duke!

They've been great fans for a long time!

Back in 2003 (thanks hurley) when we played Butler there were some links exhanged between boards. The Butler fans were very complimentary and very appreciative of Coach K scheduling them at a time when alot of programs only saw the possible negatives of playing (and possibly losing I suppose) a mid-major program like themselves. It was great playing them in the finals last year and it was a game that neither team lost. I'd love to see them win it this year.

Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    Back in 2003 (thanks hurley) when we played Butler there were some links exhanged between boards. The Butler fans were very complimentary and very appreciative of Coach K scheduling them at a time when alot of programs only saw the possible negatives of playing (and possibly losing I suppose) a mid-major program like themselves. It was great playing them in the finals last year and it was a game that neither team lost. I'd love to see them win it this year.
    After being at the NC game last year, I gained an amount of respect for Butler almost equivalent to which I have for Duke. In the past I admit, sometimes I wasn't the most respectful fan when we would beat UNC, or other "rivals", I have trashed talked, popped the jersey from time to time, but while exiting Lucas Oil, I couldn't help but try to convince Butler fans that they didn't lose that game one bit. I think it was an honor for Duke fans to play a team that in my opinion, while the recruiting may be worlds apart, are almost identical in their beliefs.