Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    That's pretty much the same place ... ?
    No. Its on the complete other side of the complex. ons is the far south end of cameron, between it, yoh, and WW, the other is at the north end, in the parking lot of Schwartz/butters and the K center

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.998...,0.006968&z=18
    1200. DDMF.

This thread is making me cry.

I hope Nolan and Kyle come back to Duke to be part of the program again in the future.

I'm near Charlotte and didn't see this in time to be able to get there by the ETA. Someone please post & let those of us who can only be there in heart know how many folks show up to support the team and the guys' reactions.
    Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    This thread is making me cry.

I hope Nolan and Kyle come back to Duke to be part of the program again in the future.
    While there's always the possibility that they'll be back to coach (unfortunately not EVERY duke player can come back), they will always be part of the duke family and will undoubtedly have a presence. I hear all the time about how alums stop by the practice facility to shoot around or hang out with the team, and I don't think these guys will be any different.

Obviously I hope they don't have time for that because their NBA lives will keep them busy, but I would picture nolan as much better suited for TV than coaching. He loves the camera, has got an awesome smile and sense of humor, and knows what he's talking about. I think kyle would be the type more suited for coaching, but you never know.
    1200. DDMF.

Thumbs up

Very sad indeed.

But many thanks to the guys for an incredible season. Please keep us posted on how the 'welcome home' goes!!

They are ABSOLUTELY our champions.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    No. Its on the complete other side of the complex. ons is the far south end of cameron, between it, yoh, and WW, the other is at the north end, in the parking lot of Schwartz/butters and the K center

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.998...,0.006968&z=18
    I get you. The team came back to Cameron. (They did last year, too, after winning the regionals.)

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Very sad indeed.

But many thanks to the guys for an incredible season. Please keep us posted on how the 'welcome home' goes!!

They are ABSOLUTELY our champions.

The players and coaches were (understandably) eager to get inside and go home. Everyone acknowledged the small crowd, as graciously as you would expect, and K spoke to everyone for a couple minutes. Not too much, in all.

There were about 50 of us there. The team seemed appreciative, but didn't speak to anyone; they quickly grabbed their luggage and walked off. Coach K said a few words, saying they were all sad, but the team got "buzzsawed" by AZ.

Sad end to the season.

It was a terrific season. I enjoyed it up until the second half of last night's game. A loss is ok but a Duke team that gives up is very hard to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    It was a terrific season. I enjoyed it up until the second half of last night's game. A loss is ok but a Duke team that gives up is very hard to take.
    Your name is a misnomer. I've read some of your other posts and I really don't understand how you can consider yourself a "Devilsfan." Everything you've written that I've read in the past 24 hours is completely negative and derogatory about the team. If you think they gave up, or that Coach K is somehow disappointed in this team, then you are completely clueless. You obviously do not know anything about Duke basketball, its coach or its players.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    You must have been watching a different sport, or school. Our guys may have gotten beaten, even badly, in the second half of last night's game, but I didn't see anyone give up. Please cite player and time and describe what they did or didn't do that led you to think they gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    You must have been watching a different sport, or school. Our guys may have gotten beaten, even badly, in the second half of last night's game, but I didn't see anyone give up. Please cite player and time and describe what they did or didn't do that led you to think they gave up.
    One guy from AZ, don't remember, had the ball for a good 3-4 seconds on the 3 point line and every single duke guy on the floor stood there and stared at him without a single one taking as much as a step towards him.
    1200. DDMF.

Calm down

I think our team was knocked back so hard in the 2nd half of that game that they were absolutely stunned. The foul trouble only contributed to the glaring lapses in our defensive intensity. Although we never "gave up," with around 5 minutes to go, down by 15-ish, our spirit was broken, the team saw that their senior leaders were visibly shaken and had nothing to rally around. Kyle had 4 fouls and couldn't be aggresive on defense, Nolan was having an off game, and Seth was injured on the bench. Normally during the regular season, it would be one of those 3 who would hit a bit shot or make a key steal to pump up the team, but it was not to be. There was nothing more we could do in that situation. They had all the confidence in the world and were playing lights out. It was a crushing defeat, but to say that the team gave up is probably inaccurate. I loved cheering for this Duke squad, but it was not our year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Your name is a misnomer. I've read some of your other posts and I really don't understand how you can consider yourself a "Devilsfan." Everything you've written that I've read in the past 24 hours is completely negative and derogatory about the team. If you think they gave up, or that Coach K is somehow disappointed in this team, then you are completely clueless. You obviously do not know anything about Duke basketball, its coach or its players.
    oh, give me a break. derogatory? i get that most on this board like to remain positive, but can't a fan vent? i agree that i don't think the team gave up, but what exactly is the harm in this poster arguing they did? are you afraid the players will read this and have their feelings hurt? please..

also, we have rushed the court - please stop pretending that as duke fans we are unnaturally "above" the pedestrian nature of other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    One guy from AZ, don't remember, had the ball for a good 3-4 seconds on the 3 point line and every single duke guy on the floor stood there and stared at him without a single one taking as much as a step towards him.
    Thanks for trying - but I did ask for player and time, so I could go back to the replay and see if I agreed that someone on our team gave up. Sounds like you are throwing the whole team under the bus.

I can't make much of your vague description, but suffice it to say that such situations are not uncommon, depending on the ball-handler. For instance, if Miles Plumlee had the ball at the 3 point line, I doubt anyone would rush toward him to stop the 3 or dribble-penetrate.

He is right. An AZ player did hold the ball at the 3pt line for several seconds without a duke defender. Seth realizing he missed his guy and had to rush to him. Although that occurred, that does not mean, they gave up. He just got lost in transition. (The guy didn't even shoot)

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    He is right. An AZ player did hold the ball at the 3pt line for several seconds without a duke defender. Seth realizing he missed his guy and had to rush to him. Although that occurred, that does not mean, they gave up. He just got lost in transition. (The guy didn't even shoot)
    So I guess all those rotten tomatoes I threw at the team when they returned were for naught. I mean, that's what good fans should do, right? Vent our anger against a bunch of guys most of us will never meet because we clearly put more effort in as fans than they did as players.

Sarcasm alert!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    So I guess all those rotten tomatoes I threw at the team when they returned were for naught. I mean, that's what good fans should do, right? Vent our anger against a bunch of guys most of us will never meet because we clearly put more effort in as fans than they did as players.

Sarcasm alert!!!
    I hope that isn't directed towards me, as I did NOT say they gave up. I just said (to defend uh_no) that it did happen once in the game. I wasn't blaming the players for not being on him, no ones perfect. That play didn't even matter, because the guy didn't even shoot.

sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    oh, give me a break. derogatory? i get that most on this board like to remain positive, but can't a fan vent? i agree that i don't think the team gave up, but what exactly is the harm in this poster arguing they did? are you afraid the players will read this and have their feelings hurt? please..

also, we have rushed the court - please stop pretending that as duke fans we are unnaturally "above" the pedestrian nature of other fans.
    In a word, no. Check the guidelines sticky for details.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    I hope that isn't directed towards me, as I did NOT say they gave up. I just said (to defend uh_no) that it did happen once in the game. I wasn't blaming the players for not being on him, no ones perfect. That play didn't even matter, because the guy didn't even shoot.

sheesh!
    I was building on your point.