Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina

    Team Welcome Back

    Hey guys,

    So me and some friends are putting together I guess kind of a welcome back for the team when the return. We just wanted an opportunity to welcome them back and just say thank you for such an amazing season, and especially Kyle and Nolan for what they've meant to Duke and to us.

    I spent all last night sending texts/social networking trying to get the message out there. A lot of people have expressed interest and really wanted to do this. So I ask if you are in the Durham area tonight, to come out to Cameron or wherever the team will be dropped off to just say thanks when the team gets back. I think getting a ton of people there would be really cool. Also, we're trying to get as many people to wear Nolan/Kyle jerseys as possible today, so that would be cool for those guys to see a big crowd of people wearing their jerseys after last night.

    As of right now, my friend in the pep band tells me time of arrival is between 5-8 pm, but he's giving me a more accurate time today. If anyone on this board knows a specific time or specifically where they will return I'd appreciate it if you let me know so I could pass it along.
    Pratt '14
    I was in Tent #1 all 4 years.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    Good idea! Thank you for taking the lead.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Near Cameron & Wallace Wade Stadium
    Any updates to what time they will arrive? RDU? Thank you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    Any updates to what time they will arrive? RDU? Thank you
    They are on the plane now (or at least the pep band is) and I'm assuming they're all using the same plane, cause they did for the trip out there.

    Waiting to hear back for when they take off.
    Last edited by dukebsbll14; 03-25-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: wrong they're (their/there)....
    Pratt '14
    I was in Tent #1 all 4 years.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Near Cameron & Wallace Wade Stadium
    Quote Originally Posted by dukebsbll14 View Post
    They are on the plane now (or at least the pep band is) and I'm assuming they're all using the same plane, cause they did for the trip out there.

    Waiting to hear back for when they take off.
    Thanks so much!!! I will watch DBR for your updates. As I PM you earlier. I want to be in Durham when they arrive. Or even RDU!

    Keep us in the loop, please! Our team needs our support now!

  6. #6
    I wish I could be there - but I'll be cheering from Kansas.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Near Cameron & Wallace Wade Stadium
    For anyone available in the Triangle or Triad, lets all show up and give our support to the team, coaches and staff. I enjoyed the journey this season.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    The airline I do not know.

    I found the time of arrival, though. Got this from my friend in the pep band and exchanged tweets with Jose Fonseca the trainer.

    They're are up in the air now, might need to stop for fuel, and are expected to land at RDU around 5-5:15. Jose will tweet me when they land, and it usually takes 45 to return from RDU. So expected to be back at CIS around 6:15. So, anytime between 5:45-6:30.
    Pratt '14
    I was in Tent #1 all 4 years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    This is a wonderful gesture.

    Duke basketball does so much to cheer us fans up. It is rare that the fans have the opportunity to cheer up the team. I suspect this will be tremendously appreciated.

    Kudos to any and all of you that are able to attend.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by dukebsbll14 View Post
    The airline I do not know.

    I found the time of arrival, though. Got this from my friend in the pep band and exchanged tweets with Jose Fonseca the trainer.

    They're are up in the air now, might need to stop for fuel, and are expected to land at RDU around 5-5:15. Jose will tweet me when they land, and it usually takes 45 to return from RDU. So expected to be back at CIS around 6:15. So, anytime between 5:45-6:30.
    Aren't they on a charter flight? I'd be very surprised if they are not.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Beaufort, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    For anyone available in the Triangle or Triad, lets all show up and give our support to the team, coaches and staff. I enjoyed the journey this season.
    I'm all the way in the mountains of western N.C. so I can't make it, but a huge THANK YOU to all of you who go. It means very much to the team. I already feel like a fair-weathered fan because I was there last year for the championship welcome but won't be there this year. Somebody thank them and cheer them a little extra for me please?! Duke fans are the best!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Near Cameron & Wallace Wade Stadium
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Aren't they on a charter flight? I'd be very surprised if they are not.
    OZZIE, are you going to RDU or Cameron to welcome back the team? I think that is a great jesture.

    I am going. Just would like to zone in on the ETA.

    Thought about going to RDU, but its Friday, and traffic is crazy. I am only about 15 minutes from CIS.

    Lets welcome our Blue Devils back to Duke University. They are our Champions!

  13. #13

    Flight Info

    For anyone interested, I believe this is the flight the team is on, though I'm not positive. You can track it live here:

    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4502

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Onions! View Post
    For anyone interested, I believe this is the flight the team is on, though I'm not positive. You can track it live here:

    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4502
    Man, that internets is something else!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onions! View Post
    For anyone interested, I believe this is the flight the team is on, though I'm not positive. You can track it live here:

    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4502
    That's pretty cool! Thanks for posting the link!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    OZZIE, are you going to RDU or Cameron to welcome back the team? I think that is a great jesture.

    I am going. Just would like to zone in on the ETA.

    Thought about going to RDU, but its Friday, and traffic is crazy. I am only about 15 minutes from CIS.

    Lets welcome our Blue Devils back to Duke University. They are our Champions!
    Don't know yet. The thought of fighting all that traffic is not appealing at all.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Near Cameron & Wallace Wade Stadium
    Well, I am going to head over to Cameron about 5pm. And get there before 530, Even with the plane landing, they have to get on the bus, and drive to Durham.

    I am going!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Here's what the class of 2011 has done already:

    "If you can't read it, it says:
    We Heart You Guys
    It's been a great 4 years
    Thank You, Kyle & Nolan & Casey
    Class of 2011"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pratt '14
    I was in Tent #1 all 4 years.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by dukebsbll14 View Post
    Here's what the class of 2011 has done already:

    "If you can't read it, it says:
    We Heart You Guys
    It's been a great 4 years
    Thank You, Kyle & Nolan & Casey
    Class of 2011"
    That looks like its outside of cameron, I thought sometimes the team bus came up behind the K center
    usa

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    That looks like its outside of cameron, I thought sometimes the team bus came up behind the K center
    That's pretty much the same place ... ?

Similar Threads

  1. All-ACC: Jon and Kyle 1st team, Nolan 2nd team, Lance defense
    By JBDuke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
  2. AP A-A; Gerald 3rd team; Seth's brother 1st team
    By roywhite in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
  3. Do early season losses by a good team actually help a team focus?
    By Kewlswim in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
  4. Better team on paper: 2003-2004 Duke (final four) or next year's team?
    By houstondukie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:19 AM
  5. this team = 2001 championship team?
    By astoria26 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •