Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Questions About Anaheim

I'm excited to have Duke playing in California and I'm traveling down to Anaheim to watch. Does anyone know how to find out if or when they may be having open practice and where the team hotel would be? I would love to get an autograph or picture for this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by CA Cameron Crazie View Post
    I'm excited to have Duke playing in California and I'm traveling down to Anaheim to watch. Does anyone know how to find out if or when they may be having open practice and where the team hotel would be? I would love to get an autograph or picture for this once in a lifetime opportunity.
    All of the team's travel plans and the itinerary will be figured out tonight. The NCAA determines the hotels for each team and makes the open practice schedule (it'll be Wednesday sometime)

Because of the Honda Center's proximity to the Disneyland Resort, there are literally thousands of decent to nice hotel rooms within 10 minutes, mostly along Harbor Blvd. If you don't mind splurging, the Grand Californian, which is part of the resort, is very nice (it's Disney's take on the Ahwahnee, but without Yosemite outside your door).

There are also several nice hotels along State College, closer to Angels Stadium (my parents have stayed at the Hilton Suites on State College, and like it).

May be easier to find space in business-travel-oriented hotels in Irvine or Newport Beach, nearer the airport.

If you don't have tickets already, move fast. The SDSU and UConn fans had a day's head start, and StubHub has been picked pretty clean.

Face value of the tickets...

Hi,

How do I figure out the face value of the tickets? Stub-hub, etc. only tells me what the person wants for the tickets, but I can't seem to find what the face value actually is.

Thanks,

GO DUKE!

Is the West regional a Thursday/Saturday regional?

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

How do I figure out the face value of the tickets? Stub-hub, etc. only tells me what the person wants for the tickets, but I can't seem to find what the face value actually is.

Thanks,

GO DUKE!
    I have tickets in the 407 section and face value is 186 for both days so 93 for each day. Hope that helps the search a little.

Anybody know the expected time of the 2 Elite 8 games on Saturday? Trying to avoid the conflict of being at a spring training game in Scottsdale during the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randolph View Post
    Is the West regional a Thursday/Saturday regional?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks, that kind of sucks that we play today, Sunday, and have to turnaround and play Thursday. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farn View Post
    Anybody know the expected time of the 2 Elite 8 games on Saturday? Trying to avoid the conflict of being at a spring training game in Scottsdale during the games.
    The games Saturday typically have an afternoon/evening spread - like 3 and 6 or 4 and 7 (all times eastern). I would expect the West Regional's game to get the later start, but there's no guarantee.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randolph View Post
    Thanks, that kind of sucks that we play today, Sunday, and have to turnaround and play Thursday. Interesting
    Agree, and I posted a minor concern about this on the Mich postgame thread. Bad luck of the draw in having to travel west - when?? Monday? Tuesday? - acclimate to WDT, have one fewer practice day [think Kyrie issues]. Still, immeasurably better than not traveling out there.... And better than the crap Clemson had to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by dukester View Post
    I have tickets in the 407 section and face value is 186 for both days so 93 for each day. Hope that helps the search a little.
    Does it say $93 on each ticket? Usually the sessions are priced by the number of games. This would imply $124 for Thursday and $62 for Saturday.

Thank You. :)

Quote Originally Posted by dukester View Post
    Thanks.

GO DUKE!

Game times?

To anyone who either knows or has tickets...what times do the games start on Thursday and Saturday and please specify whether its Eastern or West Coast time. Trying to make sure that real life does not get in the way of my Duke B-Ball watching!!

Thursday's first game starts at 7:07 p.m. EDT (4:07 local time). Plan to arrive no later than 3:00; you may very well end up parking at Angels Stadium, a 10-15 minute walk from the Honda Center.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    All of the team's travel plans and the itinerary will be figured out tonight. The NCAA determines the hotels for each team and makes the open practice schedule (it'll be Wednesday sometime)
    Two questions that are arguably relevant to this thread?

1. Does Duke charter a plane for travel to Anaheim?

2. Is Duke on spring break?

Supposed to be cool all week (high temps around 60, lows in the 40s). Chance of rain on Friday. Pack accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Two questions that are arguably relevant to this thread?

1. Does Duke charter a plane for travel to Anaheim?

2. Is Duke on spring break?
    1. Yes

2. No. Spring break was March 4-14.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Does it say $93 on each ticket? Usually the sessions are priced by the number of games. This would imply $124 for Thursday and $62 for Saturday.
    yes, it says $93 on each ticket

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Bad luck of the draw in having to travel west - when?? Monday? Tuesday? - acclimate to WDT...
    I consider myself very experienced in dealing with time changes and consider the challenge of adjusting to a 3 hour difference negligible. One simple strategy is to stay on EDT for the whole trip. It's not hard.
    Bob Green