Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    go ahead, it is actually much more positive than this place was the other night. no need to shut the IC down.
    As if that would EVER happen! The high standards of the IC board make it inconceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    But what would do better?
    There isn't a good way. I just wish people would simply understand that the tournament crowns a champion but does not necessarily determine the best team. Those are two different concepts (they can often overlap, but they are not necessarily the same).

kong, way to deflect...

your fan base is in total meltdown....and you're trying to justify the loss with "mid season expectations"....

please...

ahhhh....life it good again...

oh yeah...kong...duke's season was MUCH better riding ya'll like rented donkeys TWICE...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    Yeah we probably are more disappointed than UNC fans, but we still had a better season than UNC. That just shows you which program is better right now. Who knows, depending on who goes and who stays, that could change next year.
    Sure, having gone to the NIT last year and having major problems early in the ACC season, our expectations were really low. On the other hand, Duke #1 at the beginning of the season and a number 1 seed going into the tourney. You got KS and NS back after a championship. You wanted to go back to back. KI comes back and you think you are a lock. Then, you get dismantled and the forum has to be locked to stop you from hurting yourselves. This place turned into the IC and now the IC is acting more like what you hope the DBR would.

go ahead, it is actually much more positive than this place was the other night. no need to shut the IC down.
    I'm gonna go ahead and beg to differ.
    Top 3 threads as of this post:
    "Move the 3 Point Line Back More...Plays Too Big A Role"
    "Officials taking over the game"
    "Worst Day Of The Year"

Duke had a more disappointing season
    A little help for you - a more disappointing end to the season doesn't imply a more disappointing season.

Duke had a more disappointing season, UNC played up to or even exceeded mid-season expectations. Both teams are disappointed, but your fan base took Duke's loss harder than UNC fans will take ours.
    kong - you are using preseason expectations for Duke, but mid-season for unc? I think that Duke's expectations for season/post-season changed in December with Kyrie's injury.

Rejected!

Duke had a more disappointing season, UNC played up to or even exceeded mid-season expectations. Both teams are disappointed, but your fan base took Duke's loss harder than UNC fans will take ours.
    Kong, any time I feel less than satisfied with this season, all I have to do is remember the ACC Finals. If you're going to argue with us here, do a better job than this silly comment.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and beg to differ.
    Top 3 threads as of this post:
    "Move the 3 Point Line Back More...Plays Too Big A Role"
    "Officials taking over the game"
    "Worst Day Of The Year"
    My favorite " I'd rather lose to d--k than Kentucky"

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFan View Post
    FYI - a more disappointing end to the season doesn't imply a more disappointing season.
    yes it does. our programs want to win it all, every year. Coach K's time is running out and this may have been one of the last opportunities he may have.

Hey Kong,
    Maybe Dex-Factor's extended minutes hurt Prince Harry's game?

Duke had a better season, and UNC knows it. We beat UNC 2/3, and we beat them on a "neutral" court in GSO for the ACC Tourney Championship. You beat an 11 seed Marquette, made the elite 8, and are also not going to the Final 4. We had an incredible season despite our top draft pick missing 3.5 months with an injury. UNC made it to the 2nd weekend in the tourney despite players getting dismissed, tranferring, or qutting the team. We'll take our season.

wait....i take some of that back...

congrats on turning an early crappy season into a solid season...roy did a great job, the team came together and HWNSNBM turned out to be who everyone thought he was..

and thanks for not going to the final 4. I want duke to get another title so we can be even with you guys....THEN IT'S ON!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

As it should be. Two of our beloved seniors went down in a devastating loss. You guys lost where you should have to a team that was roughly your peer. But as another poster said, a disappointing end to the season does not make the whole season a disappointment.

Coach K's time is running out and this may have been one of the last opportunities he may have.
    That's what you said 5 years ago.
    Meanwhile, Roy is a whopping 3 years younger than K. And we have the #1 recruiting class coming in for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Kong, any time I feel less than satisfied with this season, all I have to do is remember the ACC Finals. If you're going to argue with us here, do a better job than this silly comment.
    i am right. I didn't think UNC could beat Duke this year. We did. I didn't think we could win the regular season, we did. I am proud of my team, as you are proud of yours. UNC had an incredibly young team this year and if everyone comes back, we could be a 2008-2009 type of team.

I am disappointed in our loss, but I am also really happy you guys got beat the way that you did. It balances it out a bit.

Meanwhile, Roy is a whopping 3 years younger than K. And we have the #1 recruiting class coming in for next year.
    No, Kentucky does. Which is why talk of UNC being preseason #1 is decidedly premature, if not outright wrong.

In all honesty, if all the UNC players return they are in a very good position - better than ours. That's still a big "if".

But I do find it amusing that for a UNC fan to point out Coach K's age and ignore the fact that Williams isn't far behind.

Are we really going to argue about which fanbase is most disappointed.

We both have reasons to be disappointed. They probably finished better than expected at the beginning of the year. A whole lot better than expected sometime around mid-December. But that's got to be cold comfort when you lose a game you could have won against one of the most vile programs in the NCAA.

Meanwhile, we finished not as well as expected at the beginning of the year. About as well as expected when Kyrie went down. Not as well as expected when we won the ACC tourney and Kyrie came back.

It's like a left hander and a right hander arguing about which arm it's better to have gnawed off by a shark.

seems like everyone will stay. been wrong before, but I believe UNC keeps all three stars and starts out #1 next season.
    Barnes and either Zeller or Henson will go. Zeller's top 20 in Chad Ford's top 100 and his stock isn't going to get higher -- he doesn't want to make the mistake Singler did. Henson is high in the Draftexpress ratings.

Unless something apocalyptic happens related to the NBA lockout to scare every prospect away, I'd be very surprised if UNC returned its entire team.

Yes

A whopping 3 years and looks much worse for the wear. I actually think at this point Coach K is getting younger.