Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Brackets

Mine were busted long ago but there are 2 folks on top of the ESPN leader board who have the first 3 teams to get to the FF. One has KY and the other has UNC as their final team. Unbelievable.

Henson with 3 fouls early.

Roy is crapping his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Mine were busted long ago but there are 2 folks on top of the ESPN leader board who have the first 3 teams to get to the FF. One has KY and the other has UNC as their final team. Unbelievable.
    Yes. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem.

I am rooting for UK about as hard as I root for any team to beat UNC, and with extra gusto given the regional final.

I need a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    I'll give Jay credit: he does stick to his guns.

Even when it makes him look like a fool.
    How does it make Jay look like a fool? Based on the selection criteria that the committee had outlined there were 3 or 4 teams with better resumes than VCU 2 weeks ago on Selection Sunday. Totally independent of the fact that VCU was good enough to make this amazing tourney run.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    I am rooting for UK about as hard as I root for any team to beat UNC, and with extra gusto given the regional final.

I need a shower.
    I just texted the same thing to my best friend from my time at Duke. Blech.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    How does it make Jay look like a fool? Based on the selection criteria that the committee had outlined there were 3 or 4 teams with better resumes than VCU 2 weeks ago on Selection Sunday. Totally independent of the fact that VCU was good enough to make this amazing tourney run.
    Jay does look like a fool. He was right that there were teams with better resumes, and he's right that tournament results can't retroactively be used to judge selection or seeding, but the gap was never anywhere near the margin that he was making it out to be, and he let his tone get unprofessional. Actually the entire tone on ESPN was embarrassing, and the fact that they complained about UAB and VCU and not Penn State or USC is IMO pretty telling.

I cannot bring myself to watch the UNC/KY game for more than a minute because I am afraid that I give UNC good luck when I turn it on. I'd feel a lot better if KY were up by double digits.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Great job defending the FT line? Where KU left 13 points on the floor? KU choked as much as VCU played well. This is the trend set by one and dones, teams falling apart. Although its weird to see Duke or KU fall apart since they were mostly led by older guys but these best teams have look rattled for most of this tournament.

VCU was the better team today but they are not better than KU. If VCU shoots 40% from 3 above their average and KU shoots 20% from 3 below their average, KU wins. Say what you want about VCU's defense and offense but they just got hot at the right time.
    Ok so KU shoots their average at the stripe which means they hit about 19 instead of 15, they still lose. You miss free throws when you're at the line, under pressure, losing to a team your supposed to be on another plane than, and you find that suddenly your not necessarily confident in yourself or your team. That's a team that doesn't show poise under pressure and a team that loses in a one and done tournament.

KU probably would have won if they went to where they had the advantage - on the inside with the Morris brothers and with Taylor slashing at will.

If VCU shot 40% above their 3 avg and KU shoots just 20% below, VCU still wins btw.

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    I cannot bring myself to watch the UNC/KY game for more than a minute because I am afraid that I give UNC good luck when I turn it on. I'd feel a lot better if KY were up by double digits.
    Ugh. Did you just turn it on again?

Kentucky just has to keep hitting those clutch threes. That never fails, right?

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Ugh. Did you just turn it on again?

Kentucky just has to keep hitting those clutch threes. That never fails, right?
    I promise you I did not!!! GTHC, GTH!!!

Thank you Kentucky. Thank you.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!!!!

Well that sure felt slimy...

order has been partially restored.

Let's go sanctions: clap, clap, clap/clap/clap.

Quote Originally Posted by just a lemma View Post
    Thank you Kentucky. Thank you.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!!!!
    I don't care if it doesn't make any sense, but this makes our loss much easier to take.

Being that I live in Kansas, this could not have been a better day. KU and UNC lose!!!!!!

The healing has officially begun, lets go Butler!

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ... The two sleaziest coaches go against each other. Who do you root for (other than the opposite side of the bracket)?

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    Well that sure felt slimy...

order has been partially restored.
    I feel dirty. But I kind of liked it. It's OK to be dirty sometimes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Jay does look like a fool. He was right that there were teams with better resumes, and he's right that tournament results can't retroactively be used to judge selection or seeding, but the gap was never anywhere near the margin that he was making it out to be, and he let his tone get unprofessional. Actually the entire tone on ESPN was embarrassing, and the fact that they complained about UAB and VCU and not Penn State or USC is IMO pretty telling.
    Fair points on the tone of the Selection Sunday special on ESPN.

P.S. Go To Hell Carolina, Go To Hell