Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    Still a lot of time left in the game, but I just want to point out I think VCU has been the most impressive team in the tournament
    Sort of remarkable that they've gone through the Pac-10, Big East, Big 10, ACC, and now are 20 minutes away from Big XII. Had Florida beaten Butler, they would potentially have had 6 games in a row against each of the BCS conferences (presumably, they could face UK in the title game, although there's a whole lot of basketball still to be played).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Hate to say it but if uncch gets lucky the final four is not that great this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    Barkley seems to be arguing that Kansas just isn't playing well, but I think that's mostly due to VCU, not to Kansas.
    Really? So you are taking Kenny "I'm not biased toward UNC" Smith's side on this one? I about busted a gut listening to him tell us at the half how VCU wasn't playing out of their mind but instead were just playing how they should be. Come on, Kenny. If VCU shot 53% from 3 for the year then Kenny might have a point. But they didn't and he knows it. Look, it was going to take a combination of VCU playing above their heads and Kansas laying an egg for the upset to happen. There's no shame in saying that. But to say this isn't a shock or that VCU is somehow the better team is crazy, IMHO.

kansas turning back into kansas now....vcu making some mistakes, not hitting their 3's
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

C'mon VCU! They look rattled but now there's 3 each on the Morris twins...

vcu not dead yet...remaining very tough!!!

kansas is gonna need a serious effort from everyone to pull this one out..
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

No #1 seeds in the Final Four

WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    WOW!!!
    thanks...now kansas is going to win....
    1200. DDMF.

Wait, is vcu/kansas on a 20-minute delay or something?

Just a crazy tourny. Perhaps this is further proof to the argument that this was/is the worst field of teams in history.

Oh God. Kansas, what are you doing? From the perspective of a Duke fan, this is like watching a house of cards topple over. North Carolina is going to win the national championship.

Toto, where the **** are you?

At this point you would have to say that the odds of one of the three C's not winning the National Title is rather remote. Kansas was the last legitimate chance we had.

This is vile. What a preposterous excuse for a sport.

now UNC has the cakewalk to the title....

hope theirs doesn't count as much as ours didn't count...

It's amazing how wildly and quickly this rivalry can swing. As of November/December 2009, things looked really bleak for the rivalry from our perspective. UNC had just come off a national championship, had just landed the monster recruiting class and gotten the recruit we all wanted and we had only three guards on the roster. Then, 6 months later, things looked amazing for us. As of November 2010, we were on top of the world. Top ranking, best freshman in the country, coming off a championship, and UNC was struggling. Now, there's a very realistic possibility that UNC will have another championship 8+ days from now. And we are in the position of having to cheer for either Kentucky or UConn to keep UNC from doing it (or hoping for a bigger upset). Rough.

At this point, I would not bet against either VCU or Butler. Seriously. I am impressed.

who is going to the final four

No one(s).

Hard to interpret this. We've got Butler, UConn, VCU, and either KY or UNC.

Go Butler.

If Shaka Smart leaves, does Jeff Capel return?

I assume low ratings magnet VCU-Butler will be the early game next Saturday

Kansas now the leader in the clubhouse for most disappointing loss in the tournament

Assuming Calimari slimes his way to victory, we'll have the two most corrupt coaches vs. two talented upstarts. This is developing into, "The Natural."

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    This is vile. What a preposterous excuse for a sport.
    This is further evidence that the NCAA tournament is not really in any way a quality measure of the best team in the NCAA. You have to be really good to win the tournament. But winning it doesn't show you were the best. You were just the team that did the best in the tournament.

VCU was one of the teams that everyone panned as undeserving of an entry. They were not one of the best 32 teams in the country. Yet they are going to the Final Four. Good for them - they've done a lot in this tournament even if they didn't really earn the right to be in the tournament originally. But it's just further evidence against the idea that the tourney proves who was the best team.