Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Butler-Wisco

Man I do not care about these two. As long as our Devils are playing, these guys can do what they want.

Slow pace but I like Butler to make plays over the course of the game. Ok so maybe I do care. C'mon 2nd half.

Don't Worry

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I can't really root for Kentucky, but I would like to see Ohio State not make the Final Four. Guess I'm a big Marquette fan this week.

I can't see how Kentucky matches up with Sullinger. Harrelson will have 2 fouls when he gets off the bus and Vargas probably can't play more than 10 minutes.

Don't worry. I can't root for Duke. Unless they are Playing UNC. Then I will put on the Horns!!

Have any of you...

Quote Originally Posted by 78Devil View Post
    I have a very simple formula at this point for deciding who to root for/against. Other than rooting for Duke, I just don't want COACHES who might compete with K's record on Nat'l Championship, which means:

1. I really, really don't want Roy to get his 3rd NC (duh)
    2. I really, really don't want Calhoun to get his 3rd NC (equally duh)
    3. I don't want Bill Self to get a 2nd NC within just a few years
    4. I don't want Florida's coach to get a 3rd NC.
    5. I don't want Calipari to win anything, as all it does is validate "one and dones" and give the Kentucky fans a good excuse for forgetting his past sins.

I could put up with any of the others going through, if for some reason Duke could not.
    "ever been convicted of a crime...felony or something like that?"
    "Never convicted...no never convicted"

Here's some perspective for everyone this morning.

Super "Reliving old memories to get through the day" Dave

Smile Trust me

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    Um, don't worry, Kedsy. The last thing I want is UK to play UNC again! That would definitely be a case of hoping the gym would just explode. Ohio St. is a terrible matchup for UNC and if UNC continues winning, I would love to see the Buckeyes knock them off. Quite honestly, I wouldn't mind us playing Ohio St. Yes, they are a scary team, but we gotta beat the best to be the champs. If the road to the championship leads us to a FF 4 matchup with Ohio State then bring it on!
    I feel the same way when Duke and UNC play each other. However...hatred for UNC is universal. Something that binds the irrational wildcate fans with the pompous Duke Fans.

Remember how you felt during 911?

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Ah, Laettner. If you're too young to remember seeing Laettner play, well, that guy scalped every opponent and took a bite out of the heart before moving on to the next game. I think there's a German word to describe this - BadA....

Nolan and Kyle will be channeling this tonight.
    That's what UK fans felt like when Laetner ripped our hearts out in 92.
    Can't make it any clearer than that.

order of who is left

Here's my list of who to root for and against with 12 teams left -

Root for:
    Butler - was there a more gracious fan base to face in the title game last year?
    Richmond/VCU - everyone loves the underdog
    Marquette -because it would mean eliminating UNC, also Buzz Williams is entertaining
    Arizona - much respect to this team after last night, plus some people prefer to lose to the eventual champs for what its worth

Eh, no preference
    Ohio St
    Florida
    Florida St

Root against:
    Kansas - Always mentioned in the top programs, hopefully not adding another trophy
    UConn - Calhoun cheats and I can do without another Husky title
    Kentucky - It would be vacated anyways
    UNC-CH - GTHC GTH

The Rooting Dilemma

Can only now root for the Mid Majors and Fla. State. At least FSU is in the AAC and they won't get uppity in bball because its football interests will put them down. Also, it would stiffen the recruiting competition with its arch rival in Gainesville.
    Yes, Marquette .But now the BE will say our 11th seed won rather than our top 4 seeds only won 3 games.
    The ohio state. Well not since the 60's so let them sneak another in while their football team is on suspension.
    Arizona. Trumping the eventual champion argument is that it could become a bball oasis/mecca out in the desert with little competition due to the absence of many good teams out West. "Go west young man" etc.
    The rest. I don't need to say anything the choice is so loathsome. Guess UK since it will likely get vacated so nobody wins. in 2011

Talking Marquette is Toast

UNC leads 40-15, after trailing 10-8 (when I tuned in). Uhhh,... That's 32-5.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sagegrouse
    Sure wish they didn't call over and back on Syracuse in a tie game with a minute left last week. Also, sure wish they didn't call 5 seconds on Texas either.

Must be nice playing an 11 and 12 seed with no dynamic player in the Sweet 16

All about matchups and luck of the draw

I know where...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sagegrouse
    I know where Marquette's missing shot is, it was carted off to Anaheim for last nights game. I mean really, Carolina gets a team that can't throw it in the ocean and we get a team that couldn't miss. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randolph View Post
    Must be nice playing an 11 and 12 seed with no dynamic player in the Sweet 16

All about matchups and luck of the draw
    Nah, it's just that we weren't that good and UNC is truly the cream of the crop. *inserts serious eye rolls here*

Of course you're 100% correct. Matchups and the luck of the draw are playing out huge right now.

Charles Barkley just uttered a howler during the UNC-Mar halftime: he said he thought UK's depth would wear down OSU. Huh? OSU plays 7 guys, and UK plays.... 7 guys, maybe, the 7th of whom is Eloy Vargas. Chuck really likes Coach Cal.

BTW, Greg Anthony hit the nail on the proverbial head, in commenting that Marquette's first half was as bad as a team could play. UNC playing ok, not great, really, but Marquette is making Duke's strange 2d half seem positively well played. UNC giving up a number of open 3s to Marquette - and not by design - but Marquette players are bricking 'em, every one, in every way.

Heels in a laugher.

Edit: Marquette starts 2d half unfocused. Buzz calls timeout with one minute gone. A laugher.

OSU will be the best non-Duke team UNC has played in a month.

No contest.

Please Win OSU

Seriously, can the universe set up any easier for UNC? They haven't played or beaten ANYONE and they will be one win away from basically playing for the championship. I am almost sick enough to vomit. My god please let there be some justice in the world.

They are in the "sweet 16" playing the 11 best team in the Big East Conference. Seriously???? How unfair is all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtDevil View Post
    Seriously, can the universe set up any easier for UNC? They haven't played or beaten ANYONE and they will be one win away from basically playing for the championship. I am almost sick enough to vomit. My god please let there be some justice in the world.

They are in the "sweet 16" playing the 11 best team in the Big East Conference. Seriously???? How unfair is all of this.
    UNC beat the team (Washington) that beat the team (Arizona) that beat you in the Pac 10 Championship. We played that team in the 3rd round.

Shades of John Henson: Marquette player finally scores, bringing his team to "only" 26 down.... and he starts woofing. Gets a T.

The modern game is downright silly at times.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    UNC beat the team (Washington) that beat the team (Arizona) that beat you in the Pac 10 Championship. We played that team in the 3rd round.
    Kong, if you don't admit that UNC has gotten some absolutely huge breaks in this tournament in terms of who they have, and more importantly haven't, played then you lose some serious cred with me. Come on, you know deep down in your heart the Heels haven't played anyone of any significance since the ACC Championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Kong, if you don't admit that UNC has gotten some absolutely huge breaks in this tournament in terms of who they have, and haven't played, then you lose some serious cred with me. Come on, you know deep down in your heart the Heels haven't played anyone of any significance since the ACC Championship game.
    Washington was the single most difficult 7 seed, and a much more difficult opponent to play than Georgia.

Better than Temple. Better than Texas A&M. And better than UCLA.

They got a break by getting Marquette instead of Syracuse - of all the S16 teams, only VCU would have been easier, and that's a tossup given the way they've been playing. But it's not like they've had a string of upsets along the way.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke