Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Indeed. Even my Carolina friends said Duke got jobbed. While I'd love to have a crack at Calhoun since we're better, I'll take whatever we can get. I just want to move on tonight.
    Two of my best friends are Carolina graduates and we were just talking about this. You know it's obvious when even Carolina fans can admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueHeart4 View Post
    Two of my best friends are Carolina graduates and we were just talking about this. You know it's obvious when even Carolina fans can admit it.
    Yeah, since they dont have souls and all that.

OK - time to focus on hoping these teams wear each other out.

Also, time to focus on Jimmer losing so we can sway some NPOY votes Nolan's way.

I think that Duke matches up a little better with UConn and therefore would have a better chance at beating them. But a big part of me wants SDSU to win because if Duke were to loose in the Great 8, I would much prefer to loose to them than UConn.

That being said, Duke needs to take care of business tonight or it won't even matter.

walker drilling a three and then some swagger....not looking good for the home team....

will they all pull for AZ???
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    OK - time to focus on hoping these teams wear each other out.
    You clearly didn't watch the Big East tournament.

Well, I'm not too young to remember that great shot by Christian in 1990. It's one of my favorite all time moments watching a Duke game because one of my friends, who's a semi-UConn fan was watching the game with me and after UConn scored and we were in the TO drawing up that final shot, he was so sure the Huskies were going to win. When Christian's shot went in he calmly got up and walked out the door of my apartment without ever saying a word. It was priceless.

Having said that, and agreeing we got jobbed in '04, I still don't want any part of this very, very confident and battle-tested UConn team. Crowd noise aside, I think we match up much better with SDSU. But at this point with 5 minutes to go it feels like the Huskies are going to pull away.

Stick a fork in SDSU. They are folding like the proverbial house of cards. That completely idiotic technical really seemed to turn the tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Stick a fork in SDSU. They are folding like the proverbial house of cards. That completely idiotic technical really seemed to turn the tide.
    SDSU hanging tough. They have some athletes. They hit the boards well, and grind better than you'd expect. If they just took better care of the ball, they've got some talent. C'mon SDSU!

Never mind what I just said. LOL

Well, no one can say the Aztecs don't have heart. They did battle back but just dug too deep of a hole late. It's over now. Should we be fortunate enough to get by Arizona, an old nemesis stands in the way - yet again.

I hate Connecticut, and I hate Jim Calhoun. They are my 2nd most hated team, and Calhoun is my 1st most hated coach. Just can't stand them and I'm really hoping we get a chance to send them home.

Ugh. Well, if we win it will be that much sweeter.

13. UConn wins dang it - was hoping for SDSU. Walker looked really, really good and we're gonna have our hands full containing him.

Assuming we get past Arizona of course...

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    I hate Connecticut, and I hate Jim Calhoun. They are my 2nd most hated team, and Calhoun is my 1st most hated coach. Just can't stand them and I'm really hoping we get a chance to send them home.
    You and me both. I really loath Calhoun and UConn. Nothing will ever replace my hatred for the Heels, but UConn is a close second. I so don't want them to win another title! If there is anything to sports karma this UConn team should not win the title. They have so much dirt on their hands as an institution it disgusts me.

Although there is still a lot of basketball to be played, there is an outside shot that Duke could have one of the most satisfying tournament runs in history, i.e. beat UConn and UNC in back to back games. Too bad you can't see Kentucky in the final.

So far the Sweet 16 has been anything but sweet for me. UConn and Florida are both advancing, and I didn't want to see either of them move on. I hope the tide changes later tonight.

Frankly I don't want to even think about facing UNC in a Final Four. It's just unnatural and apocalyptic.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoHeel View Post
    Although there is still a lot of basketball to be played, there is an outside shot that Duke could have one of the most satisfying tournament runs in history, i.e. beat UConn and UNC in back to back games. Too bad you can't see Kentucky in the final.
    One at a time, buddy.

Got to focus on the business at hand.

Beat Arizona!!!!

GO DEVILS!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    So far the Sweet 16 has been anything but sweet for me. UConn and Florida are both advancing, and I didn't want to see either of them move on. I hope the tide changes later tonight.

Frankly I don't want to even think about facing UNC in a Final Four. It's just unnatural and apocalyptic.
    The better team won both game. I hope that tide keeps coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    The better team won both game. I hope that tide keeps coming in.
    Can't disagree with you there. But Florida is only barely better than an extremely overrated BYU team. It's almost always about the draw, and Florida has really had a great one thus far and will have a great chance to advance to another FF because neither Wisconsin or Butler are world-beaters. Heck, I thought heading into Selection Sunday the four best teams in the nation were Ohio State, Duke, Kansas and UConn. Yep, you read that correctly. There was just no way that Huskies team was a 3 seed. I know they couldn't have rightly been assigned a #1 or #2, but in reality they were playing as well as anyone and so no one should be surprised to see them in the Elite Eight. And Florida lucked out getting in Pitt's bracket, because I knew they weren't for real.

Now it's time for Duke to take care of business!

Go Duke!!!