Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kyrie on the Dan Patrick Show, after all

Kyrie will be on the DP Show tomorrow.

No time given yet but the show airs from 9am to noon eastern on Fox Radio stations as well as many Fox Sports TV stations, Comcast Sports, MSG+, and Directv Channel 239.

Kyrie's coming on! -- bump

Kyrie will be on with Dan Patrick in the 10:00 hour.

Dan Patrick just said Kyrie couldn't make it due to class and then treatment on his toe (I thought treatment was done?). Will most likely he on the show tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Dan Patrick just said Kyrie couldn't make it due to class and then treatment on his toe (I thought treatment was done?). Will most likely he on the show tomorrow.
    what the heck? kid going to class instead of being on tv? kid needs to get his priorities straight
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    what the heck? kid going to class instead of being on tv? kid needs to get his priorities straight
    really ...what's up with the youth of today?? totally misplaced priorities...

going to class to make sure he's current in his studies instead of parrying dan patrick's implied humor?

seriously...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I think he would continue to get treatment on his toe through the end of the tournament as more of a proactive/preventitive approach to maintaining Kyrie's health as opposed to being reactive or indicicating that something is wrong with his toe.

I'm sure he could get Calipari to fill in, he's got no class.

Quote Originally Posted by dcdevil2009 View Post
    I'm sure he could get Calipari to fill in, he's got no class.
    That is so funny! lol rofl

Kyrie has alot of class! It was so wonderful to see him return in the rotation at Charlotte. He received a standing ovation several times. Kyrie might be a little rusty, but even rusty, he is better than most guards.

The continued rehab on the toe and foot will keep him more mobile. And produce a healthier Kyrie! Love see #1 on the court!

To begin, I want to mention I don't want to start another speculation string.

I just want to join the others in saying how commendable it is for Kyrie to take his studies seriously when this might be his last semester at Duke. I know I've personally missed class for much lesser reasons than appearing on a national radio show, so it is great to see him make the most of his time here.

With that said, I (childishly) hope this is a preamble to Kyrie staying for his degree!

Quote Originally Posted by BluePanda View Post
    To begin, I want to mention I don't want to start another speculation string.

I just want to join the others in saying how commendable it is for Kyrie to take his studies seriously when this might be his last semester at Duke. I know I've personally missed class for much lesser reasons than appearing on a national radio show, so it is great to see him make the most of his time here.

With that said, I (childishly) hope this is a preamble to Kyrie staying for his degree!
    AS commendable as it is, it is not an option to not take his studies seriously. Whether he is here next semester or not, he WILL pass his classes this semester.

WHen you're missing classes 3 days a week for months, its not really acceptable to miss extra classes for a tv interview i would guess)
    April 1

I sat in my car in the parking garage at work to listen, but they were getting on the plane to Anaheim. I'm not sure how they expect me to work during March.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    AS commendable as it is, it is not an option to not take his studies seriously. Whether he is here next semester or not, he WILL pass his classes this semester.

WHen you're missing classes 3 days a week for months, its not really acceptable to miss extra classes for a tv interview i would guess)
    That is realy nice to see in an obvious future NBA star, top draft pick. I recall reading some accounts of last-year's KY Freshmen - or at least some of them - essentially not going to class for the Winter-Spring semester. IOW, why bother - they all already knew they were going pro in a few months? Sad.

Good job Kyrie. Those actions speak louder than any words would anyway.

Laettner's on tomorrow (Wed.)!!

Kyrie on Dan Patrick today!

I'm watching the DP show, Laettner was just on!
    They're reporting that Kyrie will be on in the last hour!
    FYI!
    Let's go DUKE !!!

For those who want to listen online. Just announced he'll be coming on in 15 minutes (around 11:25 EST).

Looks like they also keep archives of past shows starting the following day.

Good interview. He spent the last couple minutes dodging the questions about whether he's going pro.

Hope Coach K gives him a cake with his name in bold letters

He's deff going pro...

Quote Originally Posted by Krzyzewskiville View Post
    He's deff going pro...
    Well, he probably is--but either way, he doesn't need to decide now, so why should he? He is a smart kid and will want to know as much as he can about things like the likelihood of a lockout, etc., before making an irrevocable commitment. And if there is a chance he would come back, how far Duke advances this year might be a factor as well.

And, really, interviews aside, I hope Kyrie isn't thinking about anything basketball-related right now except tomorrow's game.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    And if there is a chance he would come back, how far Duke advances this year might be a factor as well.
    DP asked him that - if winning a championship this year makes it easier to go pro, and Kyrie basically said "no, it wouldn't really affect much." Although I'll admit I was only half-listening. DP also was like "You're going to be a top 5 pick! Don't you read the mock drafts? Hard to pass that up..." Okay interview but I wish DP focused more on the team's NCAA run and current state, rather than Kyrie's potential birthday presents, imitations of Coach K, his toe situation again, and his pro prospects.