Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukefan1.0 View Post
    There is a thing called boxing out that I have not seen from our players all game. Looked like a volleyball match out there.
    All season, dude. All season.

Just hoping to keep them out of triple digits at this point.

I hate when we lose in the Sweet 16, and I really hate when we get b-slapped in the Sweet 16. This one hurts.

Bad way to go out for Nolan.

Relentless energy is so important. Sorry it was Arizona who had it rather than Duke, but have to give them all credit. They brought it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I hate losing but would rather lose a close one than to get embarrassed like this. Total collapse in the 2nd. And to whomever asked a question about the refs, they have ZERO to do with this. We are just terrible.
    C'mon, I prefaced the question with the fact that Duke is playing absolutely terrible tonight. We do deserve to lose. I was wondering since tip-off who the officials were, and once we started falling behind knew there was no way to ask without sounding like a sore loser. We lost. We derserved to lose. The officials in no way caused us to lose by 20 pts, now can someone please tell me where I can find out who officiates all of these games? Thank you. I've spent a lot of time looking and couldn't find anything.

Not our night. Not sure who would have beat AZ tonight. Thank Kyle and Nolan (and hopefully not Kyrie).

These things are just flukish. AZ was dead against TX. C'est la vie.

Duke just wasn't ready to play tough D and rebound tonight. I saw many occasions where a Duke player had a chance to draw a charge, and instead didn't even step in front of the opposing player. Definitely not used to seeing something like that. And Arizona shooting 54% from the field just compounded everything else. Not a good night any way you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by tendev View Post
    I think Kyle should go out with about 30 seconds left and pop D. Williams with an elbow. That would help me deal with this debacle
    can he thump mason in the back of the head also...

Just shocked. We're better than this performance. Too bad for Kyle and Nolan. They will be missed...

Thank you Nolan. Thank you Kyle. Champions, class acts, and winners. We'll always remember.

Alright folks

Remain calm, remain civil.

Act like you have some sense.

If you have nothing to add to the conversation, go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by AAA1980 View Post
    We got lucky that Zoubek decided to play after 3 and a half years of being invisible..
    It takes a lot of good luck to win a national championship, I wouldn't downplay that accomplishment in that way.

anybody know what channel the post game presser will be on?

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    they have grabbed 27 of the last 34 rebounds
    And more than half of those came from a player we did not get a body on. Just standing and hoping to out jump a guy is a poor way to attempt any rebound

Well that certainly sucked.

Why no post game board?

we need a forum to vent. dont censor

Relax. Step back and think about this. It's not easy to insert a player into the starting lineup come tournament time and expect to play seamlessly. We lost -- it's tough, but celebrate the success we've had. Take a breath and recognize what these seniors accomplished. They won a NC last year, played as a top 5 team all year w/o their starting PG, beat UNC twice and won the ACC Tourney. I'd say that's a pretty successful year!!!

Yes it's tough to end the season on a loss, but only 1 team doesn't. I think what makes it hardest is having watched Kyle shoulder a load for 4 straight years and Nolan blossom in the last 2. Add to it that Kyrie could not return (no speculation on my part in any way) and it makes the loss tougher. But hey, that's how all losses seem to be this time of the year. I'm proud of this team.

Zona played probably the best half of basketball of the season and we played one of our worst particularly on the glass and defensive end.

Hate to see Kyle and Nolan go out like that but Zona just dominated us tonight.

We shall be back.
    ~rthomas