Naismith POY- Vote for Nolan, it matters!!

Just got my ballot texted to me:

1. Fredette - BYU
    2. Sullinger - OSU
    3. Smith - Duke
    4. Walker - UConn

You can vote by texting "3" to 345-345.

(or if that doesn't work, text "Vote" to 345-345 and they will text you a ballot)

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Don't know about everyone else, but I would suggest that this thread should be sticky, with the following title adjustment: "Naismith POY Voting." Maybe add a whole bunch of exclamation points as well?
    how much does the popular vote count for anyway?
    1200. DDMF.

Cool 25%

fans' votes count 25% according to naismith website

how long can we vote?

It seems as if you can vote multiple times. Vote, guys.

I have stickied this thread so it will remain at the top of the board. Everyone vote early and often!

-Jason "gonna be hard to combat the Jimmer-lovers" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Is there another way to vote other than texting. Cell phone is paid for by work, don't want to run up charges.

Thx.
    Last edited by terrih; 03-20-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo

Are there additional charges for sending a NPOY text?

ok, hate to be so dumb, but, do you keep texting the 345345 number to get a new ballot each time? or just keep hitting 3 to vote for nolan?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Here's some more info on the text message voting: http://uverseonline.att.net/sports/t...aismith-awards

Texting is the only way to get your vote in, and I believe you can vote as many times as you'd like.

There are no additional charges to tex a vote in, and yes you just continue to text the number 3 to vote for Nolan. Get that unlimited texting plan and vote nonstop.

Not sure if this works but I went on AIM where you can send text messages to phones and I sent 3 to 345-345 so many times that I got rate limited. Whatever that means, I can still vote

Please post the instructions on the DBR headlines Page. Thanks.

My phone has a send again option on a text. I've voted ~35 times so far. That should knock out a decent portion of byu's voters.
    I'll keep it up.

Nolan is currently in 2nd - GO VOTE

Current standings just texted to me:

1. Fredette - BYU 56%
    2. Sullinger - OSU 11%
    3. Smith - Duke 20%
    4. Walker - UConn 13%

Very surprising that Sullinger is in last.

GO VOTE. You can vote by texting "3" to 345-345.

(or if that doesn't work, text "Vote" to 345-345 and they will text you a ballot)

After last night's no show it is hard to vote him POY

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    After last night's no show it is hard to vote him POY
    Was this post really necessary? The award is for National Player of the YEAR, not National Player of the Sweet Sixteen. Nolan is a class guy and has been for FOUR years at Duke. Nobody is perfect, and unfortunately he didn't have his best game last night. But to me, no other player has meant as much to his team the ENTIRE year as Nolan has meant to Duke. I'm going to vote for even more now.

Great year but as biased as you can possibly be Nolan is in the top 4 but not number one. Just pumping votes in for the best duke player doesn't do justice to the award. As highly educated duke fans let's avoid stuffing a ballot! Can you rally imagine topping kemba walkers numbers and game winning shots. Literally he has multiple buzzer beaters against the top teams in the nation. Die hard duke fan with incredible love for Nolan as one of my top fav duke players Ever...but the poy award won't be his.

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    Was this post really necessary? The award is for National Player of the YEAR, not National Player of the Sweet Sixteen. Nolan is a class guy and has been for FOUR years at Duke. Nobody is perfect, and unfortunately he didn't have his best game last night. But to me, no other player has meant as much to his team the ENTIRE year as Nolan has meant to Duke. I'm going to vote for even more now.
    I disagree. I think that Jimmer has meant more to his team than Nolan has. By saying that it is no way a disparagement of Smith. He had one terrific year , but there can only be 1 POY and I think Jimmer deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    I disagree. I think that Jimmer has meant more to his team than Nolan has. By saying that it is no way a disparagement of Smith. He had one terrific year , but there can only be 1 POY and I think Jimmer deserves it.
    This is not an MVP race, it is a player of the year race. In my opinion, there is a huge difference between MVP and NPOY, and team (but not teams played) should be irrelevant.