Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by hurley1 View Post
    K may be comfortable with either team on the court....i didn't get to see the game....how did team A do compared to team B ???
    Check the +/- thread for your answers. The starters had their way the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'd think that would probably be the next step. I think we'll see the starters start as per usual, and substitutions much like today, and given the game situation he will be worked into the starting lineup...no doubt they're working together in practice...OR...maybe the brilliance of coach K is to not even bother reintegrating kyrie and playing the A and B team and having two groups of 5 that can run with anyone in the country...probably crazy...but I think that was probably the early plan and will change next weekend (basketball gods willing) when kyrie has had a full week to practice with the team
    Irving,Dawkins, Kelly...ain't no joke...thorton is lights out on D and a good ball handler...hairston's got it in him...fresh legs for 40 minutes....that's pressure....

Wow...

I have to say I was somewhat optimistic, but realistic at the same time. You guys came to play, I have never seen defense like that! Damn well done!! I have nothing to say, I can't lie and say deep down inside, I wish you bad luck, but you are a great team. Good Luck and make it happen!!!!
    T. Martinez A.K.A Hampton00

Thanks Hampton00. You won't find a more disciplined and prepared team than Duke. We always respect our opponents even if they are overmatched on paper. Thanks for your contributions to the pregame thread. I always enjoy hearing the perspectives of opposing teams' fans, both before and after games, and I think I speak for most here when I say that we always welcome true basketball fans regardless of their allegiance.

I didn't get to watch much of the game live and the replay I just watched was absent of volume (sleeping baby next to me). While watching the replay, I became curious about the #12 patch on Hampton's jerseys. They may have mentioned it, but I found an article about the patch tribute that I thought was worth sharing.

Like the last time Duke faced a MEAC team in the NCAAT (Delaware State - Coach's son battling sickle cell anemia), Hampton has a story of adversity and character building. As a Duke fan, I think it's an honor for Duke to be part of these stories (hopefully not viewed entirely as the villain).

Quote Originally Posted by Hampton00 View Post
    I have to say I was somewhat optimistic, but realistic at the same time. You guys came to play, I have never seen defense like that! Damn well done!! I have nothing to say, I can't lie and say deep down inside, I wish you bad luck, but you are a great team. Good Luck and make it happen!!!!
    Thanks, Hampton, and please come back any time. I thought Hampton kept fighting and never gave up. This just happens to be one of our bigger and deeper teams over the last few years, which obviously made it tough. But I wish Hampton well in the future and, again, I always like discussing hoops with good fans of all programs such as yourself.

-- OPK

Looking and looking and looking...

Can't find the full post game press conference online anywhere. Only found about a one minute clip on WRAL's site.

Goduke apparently isn't archiving the tourney pressers?

Anyone know where the links are? Do they exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Hampton00 View Post
    Climb on board and take this ride with us....

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    Looking and looking and looking...

Can't find the full post game press conference online anywhere. Only found about a one minute clip on WRAL's site.

Goduke apparently isn't archiving the tourney pressers?

Anyone know where the links are? Do they exist?
    http://www.ncaa.com/menshighlights

scroll down a little and click on "pressers" just above the highlight clips

After following the game from work I was very anxious to watch the game once I got home this morning. I can definitely understand why everyone is so pumped up.

I think the biggest thing I take from this game is that our bigs actually played like bigs and completely dominated a smaller team. While Mason, Miles, and Ryan have all had their moments this season. This was the first game where they all played like 6' 10", 6" 11" monsters against a shorter foe. This tells me they've arrived and while they may not have great games against bigger foes they will at least hold their own.

The second major bright spot for me was the play of Dre. The kid was bringing it on both ends of the court, which is what we saw at the start of the season. Not only was he hitting his jumpers, but he had several plays where he went to the rack extremely hard. His effort on defense was also quite obvious.

And last but not least was the return of Kyrie. He got off to a shakey start but those two plays in the second half were vintage Kyrie and showed me that he was totally ready to go. The play where he snagged the rebound and just exploded down the court leaving everyone in his wake was awesome and the steal where he justed accelerated towards the long pass near midcourt and took it twisting and turning towards the hoop was a thing of beauty. Those two deep 3's didn't hurt my impression of his effort one bit.

A very solid effort from every kid on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Great game by the Devils!

How about that little used freshman, maximizing his time when K put in the Blue team and actually leading the team in scoring! I think he wore Number 1? Anyway, the kid had not scored a single point since like the Butler game way back in December, and he put up 14 points!

Think K might give him some PT with the starters in the game on Sunday?

Welcome back Kyrie! We love you man!! Go Duke!
    Fabulous post. That young freshman looked very good in the second half. This was against Hampton though, you think he is good enough to make coach K's rotation against a much better team like Michigan? Should be fun to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyedwab View Post
    ...and it gave me a different perspective than I usually get.

And I know the story line of the game is how Kyrie played.

But I want to say that what was most impressive to me was the defensive intensity on our side. NOTHING was easy for Hampton the entire game. I realize that they are not close to us talent-wise. But the effort our players gave on the defensive end was impressive.

When you play a team like Hampton that you should beat relatively easily, it's nice to actually do it.

Good win - now let's kick Michigan's butt.
    I agree that the defensive intensity against a weaker opponent was very good. I think a lot of posters have been looking for defensive consistency from this team and we have now seen 80 minutes of solid defensive intensity in the last two games. Very exciting to see, and gives me a lot more confidence the team could have a bit of wriggle room in case of a poor shooting stretch.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Zone Buisters

Best thing about the game was that Hampton tried zone for a while. Great preparation for Michigan! Miles shoujld be nicknamed "the zonebuster".

4th time

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDster View Post
    This is the first time that I remember that every scholarship player both played and scored. Pretty Impressive.
    This was the 4th time this season...Princeton, Colgate and Oregon games.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    This was the 4th time this season...Princeton, Colgate and Oregon games.
    Are you including Casey Peters?

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    http://www.ncaa.com/menshighlights

scroll down a little and click on "pressers" just above the highlight clips
    Thanks, I've been trying to find that as well.

Really impressed with Hampton's coach as well. I wish them luck in the future, and I think they're going to be a load for someone next year.

More post game videos of Singler, Curry and the Plums with comments about Michigan as well. http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/03/s...ee-interviews/

This may be considered a little off topic but I thought it worth mentioning. I know we've had a few Hampton fans pop up here over the past week and, to that end, I wanted to give a shout out to them. I was at the game and found their fans to be super friendly and their pepband to be the most excited band in the building all day. You could tell the band and cheerleaders were having a ball and I really enjoyed them. It was a pleasure to "hang out" at the coliseum with you for the afternoon!