Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Note to Doug: rudder's are on BOATS.
    Airplanes have rudders too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudder

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Unc plays at 12:15 and duke plays 30 minutes after. Both games on CBS.

According to the Charlotte observer.

With the new tv contract, there's a bit of a strange schedule on Sunday. CBS has a tripleheader starting at noon. TBS & TNT both have evening doubleheaders and TruTv has an evening game around 7:30. This is according to my onscreen guide. Basically CBS gets to show 3 games with no competition and then there are 5 games running from 6:30 p.m. and ending around midnight.

Can I add that I would much rather be the first game on Sunday? So now I may have to sit through a UNC game in anticipation of watching Duke. Not sure I can take it.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

Sunday game at 2:45PM

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I think the Sunday times in that bracket are just placeholders. With the way they are spreading games out, I can't see them having 2 games at noon and 2 at 1pm on Sunday. CBS released Saturday game times last night on their Twitter feed @cbssports at about 11pm last night and I am guessing they will do the same tonight for Sunday.

That being said I would bet large amounts of $$$ that we are either the noon game (or less likely the 2:30 game) on Sunday on CBS
    The N&O had on their website a little while ago that we play at 2:45, 30 minutes after the Smurfs lose to Washington.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...n-games-sunday

there sure is a big difference in picture quality among all the different tech crews, transmissions, and network feeds...

i think cbs needs to upgrade some cameras....

i know some of it is due to venue lighting as well...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by TNDukeFan View Post
    Is anyone having success with the streaming from MMOD? ESPN3 works fine...
    The MMOD iPad app is pure genius. My billable hours suffered on Thursday and Friday.

Duke Women on espn3

ESPN is going to do it's traditional whiparound on the broadcast networks for the women's first round, but all of the games are available on espn3.com.

I'm glad we are the 2nd game on Sunday - it allows me to get home from church and watch the game live instead of dvr delayed.

I've added general tournament links to the TV FAQ in the stickies. Let me know if I've broken any or missed a good one.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    there sure is a big difference in picture quality among all the different tech crews, transmissions, and network feeds...

i think cbs needs to upgrade some cameras....
    The score updates are nearly illegible on standard-def signals. I'm watching from a hotel right now. Cbs and tnt are HD but tbs (cincy/uconn) is standard-def. I can't make out some of the digits in the scores.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Airplanes have rudders too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudder
    Touche. But that is not what he was referencing. He was talking about the whole empanage (tail section) or at least the vertical stabilizer (the whole vertical surface in the back of most planes). The "rudder" is just the little flap part that moves to alter the airflow.

You had to see the little exchange, but it was just funny to me as Doug was searching for the right words on a subject he didn't know enough about... ..... Sounds familliar coming from Mr. "alarmingly unathletic."

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm glad we are the 2nd game on Sunday - it allows me to get home from church and watch the game live instead of dvr delayed.
    OK, DinK. Say a prayer that I make it up my Everest climb to our seats a few more times today. Haven't noticed any posts here about the simply awful seats the IDs were allotted. Should make all the people who criticize the folks who sit upstairs in Cameron pleased to know we are getting our exercise in Charlotte.