Featherston Article

Thanks for the great story Mr. Featherstone, we tend to forget the past and the rode Duke and the ACC has been on to get to this point. Especially as sports fans, we live so primarily in the present that the sweat and years it took to make it to this point seem to be all but lost. I remember in 84 watching that carolina team play at Arkansas, if I remember correctly, Charles Balentine hit the game winning jumper to beat the #1 Heels...It was a classic in season game and seemed to mean more then.

Excellent thoughts on the reintegration of our DB5 Astin Martin point guard into an offense and defense made for the consistency and toughness of a Volvo...Should be interesting and somewhat alarming to watch this coalesce. We'll see if it really can be done.

Thanks again, always a great read.

The past

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtDevil View Post
    Thanks for the great story Mr. Featherstone, we tend to forget the past and the rode Duke and the ACC has been on to get to this point. Especially as sports fans, we live so primarily in the present that the sweat and years it took to make it to this point seem to be all but lost. I remember in 84 watching that carolina team play at Arkansas, if I remember correctly, Charles Balentine hit the game winning jumper to beat the #1 Heels...It was a classic in season game and seemed to mean more then.

Excellent thoughts on the reintegration of our DB5 Astin Martin point guard into an offense and defense made for the consistency and toughness of a Volvo...Should be interesting and somewhat alarming to watch this coalesce. We'll see if it really can be done.

Thanks again, always a great read.
    Another great article by Mr. Featherston. Not mentioned was the scintillating 1984 ACC tourney win by the Devils over the evil empire in the semis. Perhaps my favorite Duke win over the 'holes.

Good article,really took me back to '84!

I remember seeing that Arkansas game, Enberg & McGuire had the call,they gave the game a "championship" atmosphere.
    One minor quibble:
    UNC prospered. The Heels routed the Horace Grant/Elden Campbell Clemson Tigers
    Campbell didn't get to Clemson until '86, he would have been 15 or 16 in 1984.

I LOVE Featherston's articles and savor each one when it is released. This one is no exception, but I think that there was one dramatic moment that he didn't mention from this year's game, namely Seth's 3 after UNC cut it to 9. I've watched that moment and the resulting swing in crowd response probably 30 times on the DVR. Best, and most dramatic, moment of the game, IMO.