Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
Someone on the commitee has it in for Seth imo. Did he sleep with someone's daughter (I doubt it), does someone hate his beliefs (not possible in 2011), did he once fire someone's son (I also doubt that)? Makes you wonder.
The ESPN analysts - including Digger, Jay Bilas, Hubert Davis, Dick Vitale - on Bracketology (yes, a very entertaining segment!) were railing on about the "outrageous" and "indefensible" VCU selection over VPI and Col. And Seth G. was quoted in a statement that was VERY biting, repeatedly insinuating that "someone on that committee obviously had an agenda... and it didn't include Va Tech." Jay Bilas had the best line of the night: "You know, we talk every year about these (bubble) teams and whether or not they pass the 'eye test.' Well this one (VCU over VPI) doesn't even pass the laugh test!" (to loud chuckles around the analyst table) Ouch!

I actually usually defend the committee b/c I feel that (1) they are often being asked to split hairs with very similar team resumes, (2) very often complainers only gripe about their team's omission, w/o saying at the same time who should have simultaneously been left out - it is, after all, a zero-sum-gain - and (3) it really doesn't matter much to the overall tournament outcome if they get the 68th or 69th teams rightly allocated. But I have to say that they really seem to have done a piss-poor job this year, with at least a couple pretty undeserving teams getting in (and even getting surprising seedings) while a couple teams that virtually everybody had in, such as Va Tech, were omitted. I also have issues with several hard-to-justify seedings... Arrrgh.

Anybody know if there were ANY ACC representatives on the committee this year? I know that the chairman was from OSU - the AD, I think.