View Poll Results: Who will win the Southwest region?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kansas

28 52.83%
  • Notre Dame

11 20.75%
  • Purdue

7 13.21%
  • Louisville

3 5.66%
  • Vandy

1 1.89%
  • Georgetown

1 1.89%
  • Texas A&M

1 1.89%
  • UNLV

0 0%
  • Illinois

1 1.89%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Improbable but not impossible that the SW Sweet 16 will be 9-12 seeds.
    I hope your right!!!! KU started so strong, really surprised Illinois is hanging considering McCamey is brutal tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    Did not see that VCU-Purdue outcome coming at all.
    We're just a small miracle away from a Richmond v VCU cross- town rivalry matchup in the NCAAT. Who has that in their bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    We're just a small miracle away from a Richmond v VCU cross- town rivalry matchup in the NCAAT. Who has that in their bracket?
    I had it in my NIT bracket about 2 weeks ago

Anybody else wondering whether or not FSU can sustain this level of play?

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Anybody else wondering whether or not FSU can sustain this level of play?
    I have been kind of waiting for the tables to turn as it so often does with them, but have been pleasantly surprised me to this point. I'm hoping they can keep it up but I'm just not sure.

If Kansas & FSU both win, the ACC will be the only conference with 3 teams in the Sweet Sixteen!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Anybody know what channel the FSU/Notre Dame game is on? Kansas/Illinois is on TNT, CBS is showing regular shows, as is TBS, and TruTv? I thought all games would be on one of those 4 channel's?

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Anybody know what channel the FSU/Notre Dame game is on? Kansas/Illinois is on TNT, CBS is showing regular shows, as is TBS, and TruTv? I thought all games would be on one of those 4 channel's?
    TBS isn't showing regular shows on my TV...it's showing halftime of ND-FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    It is on TBS.

Kansas has scored the last 8 points and they have all come on dunks. Don't know what happened to Illinois's defense at the end of the game.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Thanks guys. Found it. User error.

Last game of "3d" round, ND v. FSU. It's sort of nice to be able to root for both teams: ND because of Brey and impressive team play, FSU because of ACC and great defense and unusual length.

I know it's late and maybe I'm the only one watching this but FSU was CRUISING against ND. I was a little shocked when I turned it on for the 2nd half and the Noles were up by as many as 22 (I think - it might have been a bit more) and just totally in control. But, it's down to 12 now with like 8:00 to go. Could be a meltdown of EPIC proportions in the making here..

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I know it's late and maybe I'm the only one watching this but FSU was CRUISING against ND. I was a little shocked when I turned it on for the 2nd half and the Noles were up by as many as 22 (I think - it might have been a bit more) and just totally in control. But, it's down to 12 now with like 8:00 to go. Could be a meltdown of EPIC proportions in the making here..
    I'm watching. FSU will be fine, they will force tough shots and board well. ND doesn't press much so I could see FSU getting a couple easy buckets late against the press

You're probably right - maybe this isn't the FSU of old that I'm used to. Hate it for Mike Brey though - especially to get waxed like this.

So who had "other" in the poll? It's either a cake-walk for Kansas now or an "other" is getting through. 9seed-12seed-10/11seed. Is that even easier than the way our bracket broke down last year when everyone complained so much about it (since Kansas was the best team last year of course)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    So who had "other" in the poll? It's either a cake-walk for Kansas now or an "other" is getting through. 9seed-12seed-10/11seed. Is that even easier than the way our bracket broke down last year when everyone complained so much about it (since Kansas was the best team last year of course)?
    Yes it is easier, much easier. Purdue was ranked #10 in the nation and Baylor was #19 (and one of the hottest teams in the country) heading into the tournament

10 vs. 11

I believe Fla st - VCU will be the first ever matchup of a 10 seed vs. an 11 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I think Richmond is going to give Kansas a run for their money. I don't like Kansas' guards at all (with the exception of Taylor).

Anyone know what the "worst" regional (sweet 16/elite 8) ever, by seeding, has been? Is this it? A #1, 10, 11, 12

I guess you could add up the numbers (34) to figure it out, idk