View Poll Results: Who will win the Southwest region?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kansas

28 52.83%
  • Notre Dame

11 20.75%
  • Purdue

7 13.21%
  • Louisville

3 5.66%
  • Vandy

1 1.89%
  • Georgetown

1 1.89%
  • Texas A&M

1 1.89%
  • UNLV

0 0%
  • Illinois

1 1.89%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I don't think that was a foul during any of the game's 40 minutes. What contact there was (which was minimal) was initiated by the shooter. Faried got all ball on the block.
    I only got to see one replay but I thought Faried might have hit Marra's left arm on the way up. Just figured I'd ask what other folks saw, not a foul or not a foul because of the time left on the clock? The swallow the whistle/let them play philosophy is a major pet peeve of mine.

2. So much for Kansas' difficult Sweet 16 match up -- they will get either Morehead or Richmond those lucky Jayhawks.

Let's go Oakland! Memphis!

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    So much for Kansas' difficult Sweet 16 match up -- they will get either Morehead or Richmond those lucky Jayhawks.

I want to kick something. That's Vandy's 3rd 1st round loss in a row. Siena, Murray St, and now Richmond. If only there was a holiday today to make it socially acceptable to drown my sorrows.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I want to kick something. That's Vandy's 3rd 1st round loss in a row. Siena, Murray St, and now Richmond. If only there was a holiday today to make it socially acceptable to drown my sorrows.
    If Vandy's 5 seed was fair, then they got a very unfavorable 12 seed to match up against. Vandy was only a 3 point favorite against a vintage giant killer. I question Richmond as a 12.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Vandy gets a pass from me because they beat the heels this year. So I am good, especially since this means Richmond is better than UNC!

On a serious note, that is quite the resume. Losing to 3 different "little guys" in back to back to back years? That is bizarre!

So far this year's tourney has not disappointed. Upsets and buzzer beaters. March Madness at its finest!

But5 there is. It will still be St. Patrick's Day for another 47 minutes.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    BTW, no offense to crimsonandblue, but I will be rooting passionately for Notre Dame.

Brey is clearly the crown jewel of Coach K proteges. (At least so far; we will see if JD can turn around Stanford). And this is Brey's best chance to reach a final four.

Notre Dame is offensively loaded and starts 5 seniors. They play beautiful motion offense, have shooters galore, have a great leader and clutch player (unfortunately, a Hansbrough, but still), and have versatile players that can switch and guard different positions.

If ND wins a national championship, it'll be almost like Duke winning a national championship. They're our sister school and we should support them. The dream is to have Duke and ND playing on Monday Night.
    That's the two teams I have in the Finals. Of course, I have Duke winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    So much for Kansas' difficult Sweet 16 match up -- they will get either Morehead or Richmond those lucky Jayhawks.

KU struggled a bit for 30 of 40 minutes against Boston U (who is a nice team, one of the better 16 seeds I've ever seen). But honestly this could be KU's "closest" game til the Elite 8. They will crush UNLV or Illinois because they will be ready to play, then play Richmond or Morehead St (laughable). From the bottom of the bracket, I think FSU is the only team that could give them trouble cuz they match their size and strength and are athletic. Plus their D is great.

KU's road to the final 4 is turning into the friendly skies as they fly right over the first 4 rounds.

Georgetown goes down yet again. Seems like they have a history of running into Cinderellas.

Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    Georgetown goes down yet again. Seems like they have a history of running into Cinderellas.
    2011 Lost to VCU 1st game
    2010 Lost to Ohio (not ohio state) 1st game
    2008 Lost to Davison 2nd game

I knew it'd be the easiest road for KU

Personally, I think Florida St will beat Notre Dame tonight. VCU is pounding Purdue early in the 2nd half. If these two things happen then KU's road to the final 4 will have a #10, 11 and 12 seed left. Wow, that must be nice

VCU is doing a number on Purdue! Makes some of the talking heads look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randolph View Post
    Personally, I think Florida St will beat Notre Dame tonight. VCU is pounding Purdue early in the 2nd half. If these two things happen then KU's road to the final 4 will have a #10, 11 and 12 seed left. Wow, that must be nice
    The Kansas-Illinois game hasn't even started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    VCU is doing a number on Purdue! Makes some of the talking heads look silly.
    Including Jay Bilas. I like Jay, but I have to say I was really tired of hearing him and the others complain last Sunday that VCU was in and Virginia Tech wasn't. I guess that's because I dislike Virginia Tech even more than I like Jay. Thanks for giving me the pretense that I was being reasonable last Sunday, VCU!
    No soup for you!

The Kansas-Illinois game hasn't even started yet.
    Are you watching the game? The focused and cocky Jayhawks are playing tonight

Are you watching the game? The focused and cocky Jayhawks are playing tonight
    Be that as it may, it was and is always silly to just write this game off. Moreover, there is still more than 80% of the game remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    Including Jay Bilas. I like Jay, but I have to say I was really tired of hearing him and the others complain last Sunday that VCU was in and Virginia Tech wasn't. I guess that's because I dislike Virginia Tech even more than I like Jay. Thanks for giving me the pretense that I was being reasonable last Sunday, VCU!
    Well I really have enjoyed Bilas this year b/c he seems to be speaking more of his mind and I almost feel like I'm just repeating what he says, but I tend to agree with most of what he says.

And his response, is that what you do in the tournament does little to justify being selected. Now winning 3 games is different and certainly impressive but getting hot at the right time certainly doesn't necessarily justify them getting in. It is almost like saying Butler should have been a 1 seed last year.

Be that as it may, it was and is always silly to just write this game off. Moreover, there is still more than 80% of the game remaining.
    I agree with ya, can't just assume. I follow KU because I live in KS and whenever they play mediocre (1st round), they play like an NBA team the next night out. I'd love for them to lose but Illinois is way overmatched and has been inconsistent all year

Did not see that VCU-Purdue outcome coming at all.

Improbable but not impossible that the SW Sweet 16 will be 9-12 seeds.